Cilantro Lime Chicken Noodle Soup. A beautiful marriage of complementary flavors create a memorable, hot and hearty soup. Williams High School Culinary Arts Program. After a quick simmer, it's done.
Flavorful, EASY Mexican Noodle Soup that can be made with either chicken or chickpeas. Here's a quick and flavorful brothy soup that will warm you to your bones and get you through cold and flu season – Mexican Noodle Soup with cilantro, avocado and lime. Chicken Lime soup is a fantastic addition to Soup Sunday with a Taco Tuesday twist! You can cook Cilantro Lime Chicken Noodle Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cilantro Lime Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s 2 cups of dry -wide noodles- cooked,and rinsed to stop the cooking.
- It’s 2 quarts of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of chicken- cooked — diced 1/4" (rotisserie chickens are very good).
- Prepare 3 ounce of oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots – small diced.
- It’s 1 cup of sweet onions — small dice.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery — small dice.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of potatoes — small dice- place in water so as not to brown.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of rubbed sage.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher Salt.
- You need 8 tablespoons of cilantro- lightly chopped with no stems.
- It’s 2 ounce of lime juice.
Other Mexican recipes totally worth trying on Salty Side Dish are Mexican Chicken Chili, Mexican Chicken Casserole, Mexican Ground Beef Casserole, Mexican. Stir in cilantro and lime juice, and rotisserie chicken now if using. Important tip: Add avocados to individual servings unless you plan on serving all of the soup right away. For the protein, I chose thin slices of chicken breast and also shrimp for this coconut lime noodle soup.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Noodle Soup step by step
- Cook wide noodles in a pot of boiling water per the product directions. Drain and rinse with cold water then place in a bowl for later.
- Place oil, carrots, onions, celery, drained potatoes and garlic in a 4 qt sauce pan. Sweat the vegetable, covered at a moderate heat for 5 minutes we are not trying to brown, just draw out the liquid..
- Add the cooked chicken, thyme, sage and cumin..
- Sprinkle and stir in the flour..
- Add the stock and bring to a boil then turn to a simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the noodles,cilantro and lime juice and adjust the seasoning as needed..
The creamy, savory, and slightly sour soup was utterly delicious and appetizing. More importantly, it's really easy to make and absolutely delightful. How to Make this Cilantro Lime Chicken Soup. Heat oil in saute pan and add onion, celery and garlic. Add onion, celery, garlic to the bottom of the slow cooker.