Creamy Lime N Cilantro Dressing. This creamy cilantro lime dressing is one of the best tasting dressings I know of, which is no surprise given the ingredients that are in it. Each one has so much flavor, as all things "Cilantro Lime" usually do. This recipe is similar to my Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce in flavor.
Quick and easy, creamy cilantro-lime dressing is great on a green salad, taco salad, or even as a dipping sauce for chicken. Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing only takes a few minutes to make and is so much better than store bought salad dressing! You can have Creamy Lime N Cilantro Dressing using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Lime N Cilantro Dressing
- Prepare 1 cup of mayo.
- You need 1 cup of greek yogurt (i used plain but u can play with different flavours).
- You need 4 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 of medium lime, juice freshly squeezed.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of fresh cilantro chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 clove of (small-medium) garlic minced.
- You need 1 tsp of salad spice* (if you don't have this see direction 5).
Cilantro-one of my favorite herbs and the base of this delicious dressing. Lime juice-cilantro and lime are a match made in heaven! Just Like the stuff they serve at El Pollo Loco. Perfect as a dip or sauce too, this Cafe Rio Copycat Creamy Tomatillo Dressing adds a pretty punch of flavor to whatever you are dousing it in!
Creamy Lime N Cilantro Dressing instructions
- Whisk honey, red wine vinegar and lime juice together in a small bowl (altogether makes about 1/2 cup of mixture).
- In a separate container mix the mayo and Greek yogurt, add the lime mixture and fold in until well blended, fold in cilantro, spices and garlic, refrigerate.
- Variations: different yogurts, cream cheeses, various fresh herbs ( ex rosemary or basil or both! Parsley etc…), sundried tomatoes, green olives, kalamata olives, bacon bits, green onions, different juices (orange, strawberry, lemon) etc etc..
- Serve with any type of salad, so far I've made this recipe for a tomato and yellow pepper chopped salad and for a creamy macaroni salad, they both turned out addictive! This recipe makes ~ 2.5 cups of dressing, use ~1.5 tbsp/serving. Can be kept well in fridge for several days in a sealed container..
- If you don't have *salad spice* or it's not sold as a mix in ur area u can make a blend of a mix of spices which u probably have on hand: parsley chervil basil and/or marjoram, dehydrated onion, garlic powder or salt, some brands have sundried tomato or coriander too… Make a part per part mix of these then use a tsp of ur mix as salad spice..
If you're looking for the perfect Cafe Rio Copycat Creamy Tomatillo Dressing, look no further. Creamy cilantro lime dressing is enjoyed on both sides of the border where my husband and I live in California and Mexico. Although the internet is filled with different variations of this popular salad dressing recipe, this special California-Mexico hybrid is hands down. This cilantro dressing is made creamy with a little plain yogurt, and the flavor of cilantro and garlic makes it fresh and spicy tasting at the same This creamy cilantro dressing is super easy to make and healthy! Made with Greek yogurt, garlic, and lime juice.