Cilantro Rice. Reviews for: Photos of Lime Cilantro Rice. Cilantro lime rice is the best rice for burrito bowls, and pretty much any Mexican food, right? It works well with Asian dishes too.
Then, the cooked rice is tossed with freshly chopped cilantro for a bright burst of flavor. Tonight, make your family cheer by swapping plain white rice for this flavorful classic – Cilantro Rice. Cilantro lime rice is a great side dish to any Mexican meal. You can cook Cilantro Rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cilantro Rice
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of jasmine rice, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1/2 of white onion, chopped small.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro, stem ends trimmed.
- It’s 1 quart of reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
We often serve it with enchiladas It is also perfect for making burrito bowls. We make cilantro lime rice for the base of the burrito bowls and. The BEST Cilantro lime rice recipe is full of flavor, easy to make and pairs well with Mexican, Tex-Mex Cilantro Lime Rice – Nothing plain or boring about this flavorful green rice recipe! How to make delicious and flavorful cilantro lime rice that tastes even better than your favorite restaurants!
Cilantro Rice step by step
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. I like to add my onion first and cook until translucent & stir often for about 4 minutes, but you can add the rice first, stir often untill golden brown and then stir in the onions, 8 minutes..
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, cilantro, 2 cups broth, and the salt in a blender. Whirl until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour over rice and stir in remaining 2 cups broth..
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes; I like to put it at 17 minutes..
Jump to the Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. Have You Been Looking For Chipotle's Official Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe? Well You Found It & It's Quick & Easy For Anyone! Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe and Tips. Cilantro adds a refreshing herbal flavor to the rice, while a little poblano pepper is blended in for some kick.