Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing. Cilantro, lime, jalapeños, tomatillos scallions and spices give this dressing a Mexican flair, perfect served over cilantro lime rice, black beans and sweet slow cooked pork barbacoa to create your very own homemade Cafe Rio salad! Also fabulous over shrimp or chicken! Perfect as a dip or sauce too, this Cafe Rio Copycat Creamy Tomatillo Dressing adds a pretty punch of flavor to whatever you are dousing it in!
Each one has so much flavor, as all things "Cilantro Lime" usually do. This recipe is similar to my Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce in flavor, but more of a zingy and tangy take. I know, I know, I was just saying that I can't get good Mexican food around here, when I actually have a Cafe Rio not too far away. You can have Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing
- It’s 1/2 cup of low-fat buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of light mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fat free greek yogurt(plain).
- You need 1 small of jalapeno, seed removed (optional).
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 of tomatillo, husk removed, chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of scallion.
- Prepare 1 of juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of 1/8 cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
But what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't reminisce and whine on occasion? Quick and easy, creamy cilantro-lime dressing is great on a green salad, taco salad, or even as a dipping sauce for chicken. Blend buttermilk, mayonnaise, cilantro, tomatillo, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, ranch dressing mix, garlic, and black pepper together in a blender until smooth. This creamy cilantro dressing is super easy to make and healthy!
Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing instructions
- Combine all in ingredients in a blender..
- If want more think, add more yogurt less buttermilk..
Made with Greek yogurt, garlic, and lime juice. This cilantro dressing is made creamy with a little plain yogurt, and the flavor of cilantro and garlic makes it fresh and spicy tasting at the same time. A creamy tomatillo avocado dressing that's just like the Mexican Goddess dressing you can find at the Chopt Creative Salad Co. restaurant chain! It's perfect as a dip, sauce or dressing. Raise your hand if you're intimidated by tomatillos… just me?