Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork.
You can have Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork
- You need 1 of (5-8 lb) bone in pork shoulder (Butt).
- Prepare as needed of Your favorite rub.
- Prepare as needed of Prepared yellow mustard.
- It’s as needed of Hickory chips.
- Prepare as needed of Apple juice.
Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork step by step
- Liberally coat your pork shoulder with your rub and then apply a liberal coat of yellow mustard. Put in refrigerator uncovered for at least 12 hours..
- Prepare smoker or grill. Soak hickory chips in hot water for at least 30 minutes. I like my smoker to be between 225-250 degrees..
- Smoke pork shoulder for 2-3 hours with a nice constant smoke. I usually will flip over once. I'm not trying to cook at this point, just smoke..
- When done smoking put pork shoulder in a large roasting pan. Add enough apple cider to come up around 1/2" along the side of your pan. This will become your sauce. Cover with a lid and cook at 225 degrees. This will take some time. For a 7-8 pound shoulder you can figure around 7 hours. I promise you it is worth your time..
- Pork shoulder will be done when you can easily pull out the bone. Refer to picture..
- When cool enough to handle, shred with two forks, your hands or a knife. Season the meat with your rub as you go. Use the sauce left in your pan to moisten the meat. Feeds a crowd. Freezes well. Have fun. Enjoy. Message me with any questions you might have..