Chicken Avocado Salad w Cilantro. This Chicken and Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro is something I've made over and over since my sister Pam first told me about it. I loved this idea for a low-carb chicken salad that's a perfect use for leftover rotisserie chicken, but I wasn't too fond of the original photo of the finished salad, so when I made it again recently I also updated the photos; enjoy! Thinly slice the green onion and finely chop the cilantro.
The creamy avocado compliments chicken so well and the addition of cilantro and lime make it a combo to die for. This creamy salad is great in sandwiches, wraps, or with a side of vegetables if you are on a diet. Chicken, avocado, celery, and cilantro are tossed together in a simply dressing made of Greek yogurt, a tad bit of light mayo, lime juice and cumin. You can have Chicken Avocado Salad w Cilantro using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Avocado Salad w Cilantro
- You need 2 of Knorr Chipotle cubes.
- Prepare 3 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s 2 cup of chopped green onions.
- You need 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 3 of cubed avocados.
It's just my kind of simple, healthy salad. Even with a traditional low carb chicken salad recipe, often times it can be naturally all of the above. Dice up your avocado and add it to a mixing bowl with some cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken is perfect for this!), red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and a little garlic powder. I also add in a dollop of mayo to make this salad nice and creamy.
Chicken Avocado Salad w Cilantro instructions
- cube chicken breasts, place in simmering water. add broken chipotle cubes to water for seasoning. simmer for 10-15 min.
- after chicken is fully cooked drain water place in a large bowl and shred w a fork.
- add mayonnaise, cilantro, green onions, and lime juice to bowl then mix all ingredients w fork.
- carefully fold avocados to bowl as to not break apart the avocado.
- (this recipe is great after a few hours in the fridge served cold as well!).
I combined the marinade and quartered whole chicken in a Ziplock bag and allowed to marinate overnight. Served with the tomato avocado salsa (although I did add chopped cilantro to the salsa), saffron rice and a Mexican green salad with cilantro lime dressing. The flavor of the cilantro lime chicken along with the fresh avocado, tomato, onion, and lime is a combo made in heaven. This tasty meal is a must try especially if you are on a low-carb or keto diet. In a medium bowl, combine the avocados, chicken, onion and cilantro.