Carrot and Coriander Soup. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions and carrots. Stir in the ground coriander and season with salt and pepper. Place the carrots, onion, vegetable broth and cilantro into a large saucepan.
Carrot and coriander is one of the classic soups and for good reason; it's hearty, healthy and very cheap to make. Our quick and easy recipe makes a perfect midweek meal to feed the family and is completely vegan too. Delia's Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe. You can cook Carrot and Coriander Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and Coriander Soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- It’s 2 of Onions, chopped.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Ground Coriander.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes, chopped small.
- You need 450 grams of Carrots, peeled, chopped small.
- Prepare 1 litre of Veg or Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 2 packets of Fresh Coriander from supermarket.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Mint Jelly.
This is a lovely soup to make with spring carrots that are not quite as sweet as those in the summer. Coriander is said to have the flavour of roasted orange peel, which makes the two perfect partners. Serve the soup with plenty of warm crusty bread. Put all the ingredients into the soup maker, except the coriander, and press the 'smooth soup' function.
Carrot and Coriander Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry until soft. Stir in chopped potato (the smaller the quicker cooking,),and ground Coriander, cook for 2 minutes..
- Add chopped carrots, (the smaller the better), and stock, cover and cook for about 15 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft..
- Add finely chopped Coriander, Mint Jelly and stir. Then use a stick blender, food processor or just a fine masher to reduce everything to a smooth texture..
- This made a large bowl full for me, plus two bags of “ pour and store” for my freezer.!.
Make sure you don't fill the soup maker above the max fill line. Once the cycle is complete, season and add the coriander. Blend once again until the coriander is mixed well and serve. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute the carrots and onion for a few minutes until the onion has softened a little.