Quick homemade cinnamon rolls. Make Delicious Desserts Or Meals With Fresh Ground Cinnamon. Amplify Your Meals With The Delicious McCormick® Cinnamon Spice. Wow your friends, family and guests with daily recipes, product recommendations & advice.
Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. This Quick Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe is actually adopted from the Quick Dinner Rolls Recipe. The technique is the same and the difference is in shaping and frosting. You can cook Quick homemade cinnamon rolls using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick homemade cinnamon rolls
- Prepare of for the dough:.
- It’s 2 of & 3/4 cups of flour.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 package of dry instant yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
- You need of For the icing:.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Quick Dinner Rolls Recipe is by far, one of the most popular recipes on the blog and for a good reason. For the filling, in a small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, yeast and salt.
Quick homemade cinnamon rolls instructions
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Mix the first 4 ingredients in the dough portion of the recipe in a large mixing bowl and mix and set aside. In a separate bowl combine the water, butter and milk and place in microwave for 20 seconds to warm and stir into flour mixture and mix well. Add the egg in and knead 3-4 minutes by hand until it feels no longer greasy. Let rest for 5 minutes..
- After dough has rested roll out into a 15×9” rectangle and spread butter that’s called for in the filling section evenly over it. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over dough. Roll TIGHTLY. Cut into 9 equal slices and place in a greased 9” square pan..
- Turn off oven and cover rolls with foil. Place in oven to proof (rise) for 20 minutes then remove foil and turn oven back on to 375. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown. While they’re baking mix icing ingredients until there’s no lumps and after rolls are done let cool 5 minutes and spoon icing over top..
- Sidenotes: you can make the dough ahead of time and slice it up and put it in freezer bags but skip step 3. When ready to use thaw at least 24 hours and let rest/ride for 4 hours on counter. Toss in the oven and bake as directed no need to proof them in the oven. Holds up to one month in freezer..
- Filling options: you can use 1 tablespoon on cinnamon and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice instead for a fall tasting roll, or spread really any fruit filling inside instead of the cinnamon sugar butter mixture..
In a small microwave safe bowl (or glass measuring cup), combine the sugar, butter, water and milk. To make these easier cinnamon rolls a feasible breakfast option, we ditched the yeast in favor of self-rising flour. Self-rising flour is a combination of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. There's enough baking powder in there to give these cinnamon rolls a nice puff and lift. Cinnamon rolls are one of the BEST breakfasts.