Cinnamon Rolls. Cinnamon roll (also cinnamon bun, cinnamon swirl, cinnamon Danish and cinnamon snail) is a sweet roll served commonly in Northern Europe (mainly in Scandinavia) and North America. These homemade cinnamon rolls are the BEST! Everyone that makes them falls in love!
Finish them with a generous topping of frosting, and be prepared to lick. Who could resist these homemade cinnamon rolls? Rich and fluffy, with their soft, buttery interior they are totally irresistible. You can cook Cinnamon Rolls using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- It’s of Dough.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 3/4 c of buttermilk, room temp.
- It’s 1/2 c of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 c of melted butter.
- It’s 3 T of regular yeast.
- It’s 1/2 T of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 5-6 c of flour.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 1 c of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2-2 T cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 T of salted butter, room temp.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of almond extract.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 4-5 T of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 1/2 c of powdered sugar.
- It’s 6 T of softened butter.
Classic Cinnamon Rolls from Delish.com are unbeatable. These Cinnamon Rolls are the ultimate Cinnabon clone. These Cinnamon Rolls are absolutely heavenly and I've been working hard trying to get this recipe as close as I can. We have overnight cinnamon rolls, bacon-wrapped cinnamon rolls, and more.
Cinnamon Rolls step by step
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter, and yeast. Mix. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. The yeast will get bubbly..
- Once the yeast is bubbly add salt, eggs, and flour. Mix for 8-10 minutes. After mixing, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes..
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. In a small bowl add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Stir to combine..
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a silat mat on a baking sheet. Roll out dough on a greased countertop. (I lightly spray my counter top with cooking spray… I used Bakers Joy). Roll the dough into a 14"x18" rectangle. Using the back of a spoon, smear the softened butter over the top of the dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon brown sugar filling evenly over the softened butter..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand held mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well incorporated..
- When the cinnamon rolls are finished baking, remove from the oven, and let them sit for 3 minutes or so. Frost the rolls when warm..
- Best when served warm and eaten in the same day. However, you can store these in an airtight container for 3 days..
Find recipes and step-by-step help for making easy, sweet cinnamon rolls from scratch. Bart's Cinnamon Rolls Recipe – This cinnamon roll recipe produces perfectly light and fluffy cinnamon rolls every time! So simple to make, this is a family favorite cinnamon roll recipe! I asked his mom how to make homemade cinnamon rolls, and I've been making them ever since. When I married him, I discovered that my husband's family has the best cinnamon roll recipe!