Simple Cinnamon Rolls (One Rise). So what got me started on cinnamon rolls?, you may ask. Well, you might remember me mentioning in this post that I was looking for a My dad said that they were the best gluten-free cinnamon rolls he's ever had (and I have a feeling he has tried a few,) and requested a second batch for New Years. This cinnamon roll recipe makes classic, home-style cinnamon rolls.
About a month or two ago when I made these lemon poppy seed sweet rolls, I learned a quick-rise technique for sweet rolls. It's one I've used before with dinner rolls, but. The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe EVER! You can cook Simple Cinnamon Rolls (One Rise) using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Cinnamon Rolls (One Rise)
- You need of Dough:.
- It’s 2 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp. of instant yeast (1 standard packet).
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- It’s of Cinnamon Sugar Filling:.
- You need 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 oz. of brick style cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1-3 tbsp. of milk or as needed to thin out the consistency.
These gooey cinnamon rolls are even better than cinnabon cinnamon rolls, and are easy to make! This particular cinnamon roll recipe is a step above the rest. With a few special (but not difficult) touches (which we'll discuss below), and an. This faster one-rise recipe makes soft and gooey buns that are low fat and delicious.
Simple Cinnamon Rolls (One Rise) instructions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and tbsp of cinnamon for your cinnamon sugar topping and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Set it aside. In a separate, microwave safe bowl, combine the milk, water and butter and heat it in 20 second increments until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm to the touch (about 110°F). Pour it into the dry ingredients along with the egg and stir it all together until a soft dough forms..
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and use floured hands to knead the dough for 3 minutes. Then, place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover loosely and let it rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the dough back out onto your lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out into a large rectangle (roughly 14×8 inches). Spread the softened butter all over the dough rectangle, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the top..
- Roll the dough up tightly, length-wise. Then use a sharp, serrated knife to gently cut into 10-13 even sized rolls. Place the sliced rolls into a greased 9" pie dish. Loosely cover the rolls and let them rise for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft-free place until they are puffy and doubled in size. Pictured below before and after the rise..
- Once they have risen, preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 25-28 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Check about halfway through bake time and if you notice they are browning on top too quickly, then lightly cover them with foil so that the centers can finish cooking. Once they're done baking, let them cool slightly while you make the frosting..
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl, use a whisk or hand mixer to whisk together the butter and cream cheese until combined and fluffy. Then add the vanilla, salt and confectioners sugar and mix until combined. Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time until the frosting is your desired consistency. Spread the frosting over the top of the warm cinnamon rolls and serve them up..
- You can also make this dough the night before if you're having them as part of your breakfast/brunch. Just go through all the steps until you slice the rolls. Arrange them in the greased pie plate and then cover with plastic wrap and let them rest in the fridge overnight. The next morning, remove them from the fridge and let them do their rise in a warm place, then bake..
Freshly baked cinnamon rolls made from scratch. The perfect balance between delicate, fluffy dough and a sweet cinnamon Let me start by saying that although cinnamon rolls take some time to make – they really aren't as hard as one might think. Most of the time is spent waiting for the dough to rise. The cinnamon roll dough has to rise twice. Quick and easy cinnamon rolls from scratch, with no yeast, proofing, or kneading necessary!