Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Filling. These Coffee Cake Muffins are perfectly cinnamon-y, fluffy, tender, moist and are stuffed with a brown sugar, cinnamon filling! Great for a cozy, Saturday brunch! Can I give you a little advice?
Quickly whisk together sugar and cinnamon for cinnamon ripple layer in a small bowl and sprinkle it evenly over the batter. Soft and moist, nicely cinnamon-y, this is the quintessential breakfast coffeecake. Note: For those of you looking for a cake with less filling, one where the golden cake itself is the main attraction, reduce the amount of brown sugar in. You can cook Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Filling using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- Prepare 2 packages of dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 4 of cups, sifted flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 sticks of butter, cold.
- It’s 2 of eggs, well beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of scalded milk, cooled.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter, divided.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cinnamon, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar, divided.
- You need of nuts, optional.
- It’s of Vanilla Frosting.
Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. I use brown sugar in my in between layers with the cinnamon and walnuts. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the batter in the pan. Drop remaining cake batter in heaping spoonfuls over filling, covering it as best you can.
Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Filling step by step
- Scald milk, let cool.
- Add yeast to warm water, stir until dissolved.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl, sifted flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in sticks of butter using a pastry cutter. Add in beaten eggs, scalded milk, and dissolved yeast. Mix until ingredients are distributed and forms a dough..
- Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm space until doubled in size, about 1 hour..
- Split dough in half. On a floured surface, roll out dough into an 18"x 18" square. Brush on 2 tbs of melted butter to each square. Sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar. Add nuts. (This is an optional filling, any pastry filling of choice can be added at this step.).
- Roll the dough into a spiral. Tuck in the ends. Place both loafs on a nonstick baking sheet. Add 3 diagonal slits to each loaf. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes..
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees F. Let cool..
- Frost on top and cut into 1" slices. Enjoy!.
- The loaves freeze well. Take out of the freezer the night before to enjoy the next day..
I omitted the nuts and used brown sugar for the filling–no need at all to double filling ingredients–then drizzled with a powdered sugar glaze when cool. It starts with Cinnamon Sugar and ends with Zucchini Coffee Cake. So do you remember my jumbo ZUCCHINI? But then the second time I got this food vision for an extra cinnamon sugar layer through the middle because I like things that are have sticky sugary middle layers, yeah? This cinnamon coffee cake is moist and buttery topped with a layer of powdered cinnamon sugar.