Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Apple Caramel "Salsa". Apple Pie Salsa With Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips -. Cooked brown sugar gives the apples a hint of caramel flavor while cinnamon and nutmeg add a warm fall touch. This apple pie salsa with cinnamon sugar chips makes a fun dessert to bring to football parties, Halloween parties, or even.
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips are an easy sweet treat! Flour tortillas covered in melted butter and cinnamon sugar then baked until golden brown and crispy. These Cinnamon Tortilla Chips are the perfect sweet treat for scooping up fresh Fruit Salsa all summer long. You can have Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Apple Caramel "Salsa" using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Apple Caramel "Salsa"
- Prepare 5-6 of tortillas, cut into "chips".
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s of Caramel.
- It’s 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of cream.
- You need 1 of apple, diced very small (minced).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Chips I used cinnamon sugar from Whole Foods. Next time I might cut down on the apple and add another fruit (blueberries or peaches or both). i loved these chips but i didn't make the salsa. instead of frying the chips i sprinkled the chips with cinnamon and sugar and baked them in. Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with Apple Pie Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips. This dessert is a nod to the Mexican-American fusion we see on Cinco De Mayo.
Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Apple Caramel "Salsa" instructions
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and sugar together. Once this is melted, add the apple and bring to boil. Add your salt Once this has come to boil, slowly add the cream..
- Once you add the cream, bring it to a bubble and cook for about 5-8 min. Then remove from heat and let cool..
- Arrange your tortilla chips on a sheet tray, brush each piece with the melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar..
- Bake the tortilla chips in a 400°F oven for about 6 min or until brown and crispy..
- Note: the caramel will look loose at first, but when it cools it will be thick.
It combines a dip that's as The butter and brown sugar melt into a caramel sauce while cinnamon and nutmeg add a spicy kick. My dad would say it's a recipe you need your … I've served this apple salsa as an appetizer and a snack. Plus, it's sweet enough to be a dessert. For chips, brush tortillas lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas.