Raven's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing. After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed!
Spread half of the icing over hot rolls as soon as they come out of oven. Cream Cheese Icing for Cinnamon Rolls. This Cream Cheese Icing for cinnamon rolls adds a subtle tang to balance the sweetness of the roll. You can have Raven's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing using 16 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Raven's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk (scalded).
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter not margarine.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 package of active dry yeast.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt (if using salted butter, omit salt).
- You need 4 cups of all purpose flour plus more for dusting.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- It’s 2 cups of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of cinnamon. Or to taste.
- Prepare 1 stick of softened butter.
- You need of Cream Cheese Icing:.
- It’s 1-8 oz of package softened cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 stick of softened butter.
- You need 2 cups of confectioner sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
It's rich, creamy, smooth, and oh so good! It gives an ambrosial taste to remember any special occasion. This recipe provides the perfect icing-to-roll ratio and will have everyone raving! Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls with the best cream cheese icing.
Raven's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing instructions
- Bring milk to just under a boil. When bubbles form around edge turn off heat and remove..
- Add butter and granulated sugar to hot milk. Stir until butter is melted and sugar dissolved..
- When cooled to lukewarm, add yeast. Let proof for 10 minutes or until frothy..
- After yeast has proofed, add eggs and flour and salt last..
- If using bread machine use dough cycle. If using mixer with hook attachment, mix on low speed until combined. Then on medium speed for around 8 to 10 minutes..
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic. It should pull away from sides of bowl. It should be soft and not stick to your finger when touched..
- If dough is sticky, add a couple tablespoons of flour until no longer sticky. Add couple drops of water if to dry..
- Oil a large bowl and roll dough around to cover. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size..
- Punch down dough. On floured surface, roll out dough into 9×13 rectangle..
- Mix softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until a creamy paste and well combined..
- Spread filling generously onto dough leaving 1 inch edge at one end. This helps to seal edges by leaving off the filling..
- Starting with long edge, roll tightly in jelly roll fashion..
- When you get to opposite edge, pull dough up and pinch to seal together. Pinch and tuck in ends also..
- With serated knife, pizza cutter or dental floss, cut rolls into 12 to 15 pieces..
- Place rolls touching each other in oiled 9×13 baking dish..
- If you want bigger rolls, cut wider slices and you can also roll out dough bigger to make more rolls before filling..
- Cover with plastic wrap or towel and let rise in warm place until double in size..
- Heat oven to 350. Bake rolls 15 to 20 minutes or until set in center. Cover with foil if browing to fast after 15 minutes..
- While rolls are baking, mix the cream cheese, vanilla, butter and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. If to thick, add little splash of milk to thin slightly..
- Spread half of the icing over hot rolls as soon as they come out of oven. This melts into nooks and crannies and is delicious!.
- When slightly cooled but still warm, spread the rest of icing over warm rolls..
- I hope you enjoy these as much as I do :).
Best when served with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe! Instructions: Chocolate cinnamon rolls with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Warm up your milk together with butter until it is completely melted then set aside to cool down. Add vanilla extract, sugar and active dry yeast.