Homemade Classic Cinnamon Applesauce. My grandma's recipe for her classic homemade applesauce. Just Granny Smith apples, sugar, water, and cinnamon. It's my Grandma's recipe for homemade applesauce.
Recipe adapted from Jewish Holiday Cookbook. Place the apples in a heavy pot with the cinnamon sticks and nutmeg. Add the apple cider and lemon juice. You can have Homemade Classic Cinnamon Applesauce using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Classic Cinnamon Applesauce
- Prepare 1 dozen of medium-large apples.
- It’s of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare sticks of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Maple syrup.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally. Choose from classic, cinnamon, or mixed berry! Applesauce is one of the most underrated side dishes. Add the cider (or water) and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
Homemade Classic Cinnamon Applesauce instructions
- Wash, peel (or leave skins on if you like), core (if you like) and cut apples into 1-2 inch pieces and boil for 60mins or until apples are softened. (Cook longer for smoother and shorter for chunkier).
- Use a strainer to separate apples from liquid (save liquid if you want to use for homemade apple cider!) Smash apples to desired consistency!.
- Add cinnamon and sugar, syrup, cinnamon sticks, vanilla extract and/or any other favorite flavors!.
- Place in Baking dish, cover and bake at 375° for 20-30mins or until bubbly around the edges..
- Serve Warm or Cooled or Store for later! Enjoy!.
Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook until the apples are very soft. Written by Lacey Baier. in Sides. It's super simple to make and makes a wonderfully cinnamon-flavored chunky applesauce you won't soon forget. In fact, it's so easy you may never buy canned applesauce again. Make your own delicious unsweetened applesauce with just apples, water & cinnamon.