Cinnamon Walnut Breakfast Pastries. Visit the Official Pop-Tarts® Website For a Full List of Pop-Tarts® Flavors. In a small bowl, mix together the walnuts, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Stir the granulated sugar, brown sugar, walnuts, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Brush the pastry sheet with the egg mixture. Sprinkle the granulated sugar mixture on the pastry. Okay, pastry people, this one's for you! You can have Cinnamon Walnut Breakfast Pastries using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Walnut Breakfast Pastries
- Prepare 1/4 c. of walnuts-finely diced.
- You need 1/4 c. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 sheets of puff pastry-thawed.
- You need 1 of egg.
I use it for cheese Danish." – Autumn Eckert. Our two pound Cinnamon Walnut coffee cake is so moist and sweet. We have just the right mixture of all the highest quality ingredients. Fresh eggs and creamy sour cream give this cake its unbelievable moistness.
Cinnamon Walnut Breakfast Pastries instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper..
- In a small bowl, mix together the walnuts, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry until it’s a 12 by 12 square..
- Use a ruler to section the dough in 8 equal sections that are three inches across and 6 inches down. Mark the dough gently to signify the sections, but do not cut the dough..
- Place about 1 tbsp of the walnut mixture in the middle of each section..
- Roll out the second piece of dough to a 12 x 12 square and gently place it on top of the filling-topped dough..
- Cut between the filling to create 8 equal sections, each with the walnut filling in the middle..
- Use a fork to press the top and bottom dough edges together. Whisk the egg and use a pastry brush to brush it onto the dough..
- Transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and puffy..
Then we add walnuts for that nice crunchy surprise. Cinnamon is swirled throughout the whole cake. Roll the opposite side to the center and press the rolls together. Brush the slices with the egg mixture. And anyone can make and bake these rolls in minutes!