Chocolate-Cinnamon Holiday Trifle. Because sometimes when you want chocolate, you want it now. Pears coated in ginger-cinnamon caramel are layered with sliced gingerbread and cognac custard in this spectacular trifle. This dessert is the perfect finale for a holiday dinner.
Basically a giant candy cane in a bowl. Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Trifle with Rum Caramel Sauce. There's no shame in eating the leftovers for breakfast. You can cook Chocolate-Cinnamon Holiday Trifle using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate-Cinnamon Holiday Trifle
- You need 16 oz. of Frozen whipped topping.
- It’s 20 of European spiced cookies, finely crushed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of chocolate pudding.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
This dessert is so rich and looks so elegant, your holiday guests will think you spent all afternoon stirring the pudding and making brownies from scratch. Nothing brings people together like an Italian Ricotta Cheesecake, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puddin' Cake, or a Chocolate-Cinnamon Holiday Trifle. Chocolate Lasagna Trifle – everyone's favorite dessert lasagna gets layered into a gorgeous trifle with Oreos, cream cheese and chocolate pudding. This is the dessert that will have all your guests oohing and ahhing, especially as we head into the holiday season.
Chocolate-Cinnamon Holiday Trifle instructions
- Thaw whipped topping and crush cookies.
- Heat cream in small saucepan on medium-high heat 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate morsels but do not stir. Let stand 3-4 minutes. Whisk mixture until smooth..
- Spread 1 1/4 cup pudding into large serving bowl..
- Combine 8 oz whipped topping with remaining 1 1/4 cup pudding and cinnamon. Spread on top of 1st layer of pudding..
- Top with 1 cup cookies..
- Stir remaining whipped topping with marshmallows..
- Pour melted chocolate over cookie layer..
- Top with marshmallow mixture..
- Top with remaining cookies, cover and chill at least 1 hour..
Ingredients you will need Bake cinnamon rolls according to package and let cool. Slice all rolls in half horizontally. Soak bottoms of rolls in the liqueur (optional) and place around the bottom of a trifle dish. Chocolate trifle recipes are a do-ahead dessert that serves a group, and it even tastes great the next day. —Pam Botine, Goldsboro, North Carolina. For a fabulous finale when entertaining, this lovely layered chocolate trifle is a winner!