Grilled Citrus herb shrimp. The herbed citrus marinade for this grilled shrimp and grilled scallop combination was amazing. The herbed citrus marinade was amazing—we used a regular orange and this weird sour orange with green skin that we found growing on a tree outside the condo in Maui, Hawaii. Check out our recipe for grilled citrus and herb marinated shrimp.
To serve: Place arugula on bottom of serving dish, top with grilled citrus. Place grilled salmon on top of citrus; spoon desired amount of herb mixture onto salmon. All the flavor in half the calories with this dish! You can cook Grilled Citrus herb shrimp using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Citrus herb shrimp
- You need 1-2 of lbs. Raw shrimp.
- Prepare 1 T of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 T of fresh rosemary.
- It’s 1 T of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 T of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 T of fresh thyme.
- You need 1-2 T of orange zest.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 3 T of honey.
- You need 3-5 cloves of garlic.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Skewers.
Warm grilled shrimp tossed in a fresh citrus marinade is a quick and easy appetizer or light dinner that's perfect for summer! Grilled Herb Shrimp from Barefoot Contessa. Combine the garlic, onion, parsley, basil, mustards, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice. Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking.
Grilled Citrus herb shrimp instructions
- Mix all ingredients together except shrimp..
- Devine and take shells off shrimp..
- Put shrimp in a bag and marinade with sauce for 1-3 hours. No longer since marinade has citrus it will start to cook the shrimp..
- While marinading shrimp let the skewers soak, if using wooden skewers. (if using metal skip this step.).
- Take shrimp out of fridge and put about 5 or 6 shrimp on each skewer..
- Grill about 3-5 mintues on each side, or until shrimp turns pink..
- Enjoy over rice, in a tortilla, or simply right off the skewer..
Grill shrimp on each side until pink,opaque and just done – don't overcook. Remove to a plate and allow them to cool a bit before tossing with zucchini noodles and desired amount of extra dressing. Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. This is a deliciously sweet and citrus-flavored shrimp dish that can be served as either an appetizer or an entree. Enjoy with your favorite grilled vegetables or served over fresh greens and pasta.