Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken. Make the marinade by combining the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and ginger in a shallow baking dish. Authentic Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe is a healthy substitute to storebought sauce that is not loaded with preservatives and refined sugars. This sweet hot sauce is great with chicken and fish.
I didn't have fresh ginger or garlic cloves on hand so I used sushi ginger and pre-minced garlic. I didn't have chili peppers either. Thai sweet chili sauce is known as nam chim kai in Thailand. You can have Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces.
- You need 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Thai sweet chili sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1.5 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of small orange or tangerine.
- Prepare of optional: chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish.
It is sold in bottles and available in Asian food markets, but instead of buying sweet chili sauce, try making this easy recipe. It only takes a few minutes to put together, and you can find everything you need in your pantry or at your local. Sweet, sticky, totally addictive Thai Chili Sauce for dipping grilled meats, spring rolls, dumplings, potstickers, fried wontons, crab rangoon and just This dipping sauce is the definition of yum. It's sweet and tart with bright flecks of chilis and garlic.
Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken step by step
- In a 5 quart or larger pot, place the onions and garlic first. This will keep the chicken skin from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- Add the chicken, soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, and sugar..
- Then add water and apple cider vinegar..
- Cover, turn heat to medium, and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring once midway..
- If using a tangerine, add the zest of the entire tangerine. If an orange, zest half the orange. Squeeze all the juice of the tangerine or orange into the pot. Turn heat to medium low, cover and simmer another 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. You'll want to stir two or three times to make sure all the chicken pieces get immersed in the seasoning. The wings I used on this day were from very large birds, so I went the full 30 minutes..
- Uncover, turn the heat to low, and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with chopped green onions and cilantro if you like..
- On this day, I served this chicken with steamed Jasmine rice and Crunchy Soy Slaw. Slaw recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/1775722-firstborns-favorite-crunchy-soy-slaw?via=sidebar-recipes Enjoy!.
To those who don't love Spicy Food. The sweet chili sauce can be found at your local supermarket near the soy sauces. It's perfectly sweet, salty and sticky and the addition of garlic To begin, simply combine the minced garlic, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce in a large bowl or zip-lock bag. Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the water, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce and salt.