Citrus Chicken Burrito. Citrus Marinated Grilled Chicken Burritos recipe: In this nice summer meal, the chicken is first marinated in a cilantro-lime dressing and then grilled to perfection. Rub the marinade all over the chicken, inside and out. Lift the chicken from the marinade and place on a work surface.
Citrus Marinated Chicken is perfectly delicious on its own. But think of it like Pollo Asada-great as taco meat, in a burrito, on top of nachos, etc. To get even closer to the El Pollo Loco experience, you should pair this with my Easiest Refried Beans. You can have Citrus Chicken Burrito using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Citrus Chicken Burrito
- Prepare 1 1/2 of lbs. Chicken Breasts, boneless/skinless.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of Lime Zest.
- You need 1 of Lime, juiced.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of Orange Zest.
- Prepare 1 of Orange, juiced.
- It’s 1/4 C. of Honey.
- You need 1 of Jalapeño, deseeded & minced.
- You need 1/3 C. of Onion, minced.
- You need 1 tsp. of Garlic, minced.
- You need of Salt / Pepper.
- You need 2 Tbs. of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Cornstarch.
- It’s 6 of Tortillas.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Canned Cannellini Beans, rinsed.
- It’s 1 1/2 C. of Tomato, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Grilled all natural chicken raised without antibiotics, fresh guacamole, citrus rice, black beans, roasted chipotle salsa, salsa fresca and chipotle sauce. Served on a warm flour tortilla with tortilla chips. This citrus and herb chicken is marinated to perfection, then grilled until caramelized on the outside, yet tender and juicy on the inside. Best of all, it's super easy to make!
Citrus Chicken Burrito step by step
- Trim any visible fat from the chicken. Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of the chicken..
- In a small bowl, mix together lime zest, lime juice, orange zest, orange juice, honey, jalapeño, onion & garlic. Then pour this mixture over the chicken..
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours. While chicken is in slow cooker, shred chicken. In a small dish, mix together water and cornstarch. Then add cornstarch slurry to the chicken in the slow cooker. Mix well..
- Cover and cook on low for another hour. When done, lay out 6 tortillas. On each put ¼ C. beans, then divide the chicken among each tortilla. On top of chicken, top each with ¼ C. tomato and then ¼ C. cheese. Roll up and enjoy!!.
The marinade for this citrus chicken is made with olive oil, garlic, orange and lemon zest and juice, and plenty of dried herbs. Requests will be CANCELLED if any information is missing. All menu items can be accommodated for any allergies. Combine remaining chicken ingredients in a blender and mix until combined. Cook chicken on a medium-high grill pan or outdoor grill four minutes per side, flipping at least twice, until you achieve a good char.