Citrus Raisins Breakfast Cake. The raisins score points with dietary fibre, which stimulates sluggish digestion and binds food fats so that they are excreted unused. Let the cake cool in the pan for a few minutes, then unmold onto a wire rack and cool completely. To serve, dust with powdered sugar and cut into slices.
For a special breakfast treat, drizzle a mixture of powdered sugar and orange juice over this warm cake and top with nuts. Citrus Breakfast Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Citrus Breakfast Cake recipe: This lovely cake has a delicate rosemary flavor that is wonderful! You can cook Citrus Raisins Breakfast Cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Citrus Raisins Breakfast Cake
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Orange peel from 1 orange.
- It’s of Lemon peep from one large lemon.
- You need 4 tsp of dried rosemary leaves.
- It’s 1 1/2 of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 3/4 cup of butter melted.
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake and sprinkle with some more nuts. Stir in the cooked quinoa, red onion, and raisins; season to taste with sea salt. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator several hours until cold.
Citrus Raisins Breakfast Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat bundt pan with cooking spray..
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients..
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, buttermilk and butter. Then add it to the flour mixture..
- Add the lemon and orange peel. Then add the raisins. Stir all ingredients until combined. Spoon batter into bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes..
- Glaze: In a small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make a drizzling consistency. Pour the glaze over the warm cake and enjoy – best with vanilla ice cream 🙂.
- Bon Appetite!.
This cake has a texture that I can only describe as pleasantly toothsome. It's dense and nutty, which makes it particularly satisfying for breakfast or as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea. Don't skip the honey glaze—it comes together in a flash and elevates this already irresistible cake to extraordinary. This delightful crumb cake from Lucile Proctor has a brown sugar topping featuring raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. "A friend gave me this mix for Christmas," recalls the Panguitch, Utah cook. "All I had to do was mix it and bake it in the pan she also provided." Actually raisins aren't exactly my favourite but when you mix them with cinnamon and plop them in a bread or Bagel, that my friend's is my ultimate breakfast! If you are looking for something fast, easy and delicious for breakfast this weekend why not give this Cinnamon Raisin Sweet Bread a try?