Citrus Chiffon Cake. Weighing the flour and sugar guarantees a billowy cake that's light and airy (and worthy of Cooking Light Test Kitchens' highest rating for taste).. Citrus Chiffon Cake Separate the eggs while cold (it's easier) but let them come to room temperature before using. It's important that there is no grease whatsoever touching the egg whites and no grease in the angel cake pan.
Add oil, egg yolks, water and lemon rind. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Lemon Chiffon Cake Is The Ultimate Spring Dessert! You can have Citrus Chiffon Cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Citrus Chiffon Cake
- You need 1 3/4 cup of sifted cake flour.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar (divided).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- You need 8 of large egg whites.
- Prepare 3 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
Spring is here, Easter is right around the corner, and pretty pastels are front and center. So I thought it was time for me to share my Lemon Chiffon Cake Recipe with you all! I feel like chiffon cake pairs perfectly with light citrus flavors, so you can even make this a lime, orange, or. A basic chiffon cake is not only easy to make and impressive to look at, but it's also a blank slate for other flavors.
Citrus Chiffon Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°.Combine baking powder, salt, 7 ounces sugar, and flour in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until mixture is well combined..
- Combine orange rind and next 5 ingredients (through egg yolks) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add rind mixture to flour mixture, stirring until smooth..
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1 ounce sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into flour mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading evenly. Break air pockets by cutting through batter with a knife. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Invert pan; cool completely. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula. Invert cake onto plate. Sift powdered sugar over top of cake..
You can easily switch out the lemon for orange or another citrus fruit. If you prefer a vanilla cake, replace the citrus juice with more milk and double the vanilla extract. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, orange juice, oil and orange zest; add to dry ingredients. Our Lemon Chiffon Cake is the perfect summertime dessert.