Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk. Used recipe more as a guide, brined chicken in buttermilk with paprika, garlic powder, and hickory smoked salt, coated with bbq seasoning and. This pan fried chicken marinates boneless chicken breasts in low fat buttermilk before adding a light breading and frying in just enough olive oil. Grilled Chicken Breasts with Buttermilk Marinade.
It cooks much quicker than a whole turkey and an easy gravy can be I marinate chicken in buttermilk all the time, so it makes sense that it would work great for a turkey. Add the chicken breasts and toss well to coat, using your hands or tongs to squash the citrus and massage it into the chicken. Brush the top of the chicken liberally with the citrus compound butter. You can cook Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk
- Prepare 6 piece of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooking oil (optional).
- Prepare of For Marinating.
- You need 6 piece of dalandan (citrus aurantium; orange fruit).
- Prepare 10 piece of calamansi (calamondin orange).
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of For Citrus Buttermilk Spread.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Dairy Creme Buttermilk.
- You need 5 piece of calamansi (calamondin orange).
- It’s 1 tbsp of kinchay (cilantro, chinese parsley, chinese celery).
- You need of ground black pepper.
Remove chicken breasts from marinade; set marinade aside. Place chicken breasts on grill, skin side up. Season with salt,pepper,paprika,garlic salt and seasoned salt. Test Kitchen tip: If you plan to brush on a sweet glaze such as barbecue sauce, wait until Chimichurri is a green sauce from South America that goes with grilled meats.
Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk step by step
- Marinate the chicken breasts, preferably overnight. Make sure to remove dalandan and calamansi seeds. Salt and pepper should be rubbed into the chicken breast..
- Prepare the citrus buttermilk spread. Finely mince the kinchay. Squeeze the calamansi into a small bowl, removing the seeds. Soften the Dairy Creme Buttermilk without melting it completely. Incorporate the calamansi juice, the kinchay and add pepper. Put the mixture into the refrigerator and bring it out right before cooking the marinated breasts..
- Fry the marinated chicken in cooking oil. A healthier option is to either grill it or broil it in order to lessen the oil content of the dish..
- Immediately after cooking the marinated breasts, use a spatula to slather the citrus buttermilk spread on them while they are hot. This would allow the butter to melt onto the surface..
- Enjoy the dish with either mushroom or asparagus soup, and rice..
My citrus version brightens up grilled chicken, which gets its juiciness. How to butterfly chicken breasts: This works well for breasts that are too large to pound. How to use wet marinade on chicken breasts: A wet marinade is any type of highly seasoned liquid, such as herb or spice pastes, wines, spiced oils, vinaigrettes, yogurt/buttermilk, Cuban citrus mojo, etc. Transfer marinade to a large zip-top freezer bag and add chicken. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible.