Citrus Glazed Carrots. Add all remaining ingredients except parsley. If needed, add enough water to just cover carrots. In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until carrots are cooked and liquid is thick. Peel and cut the carrots lengthwise into quarters or sixths, according to the size of the carrots. Pour orange juice over carrots, and mix well. You can have Citrus Glazed Carrots using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Citrus Glazed Carrots
- Prepare 1/2 lb of carrots, sliced half inch thick on bias.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orange mango fruit juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
Stir in brown sugar, butter, and salt. Heat until butter and sugar melt. Carrots and citrus can be roasted a few hours ahead and kept loosely wrapped until ready to serve (no need to reheat). Glazed carrots are a classic side dish for all kinds of special occasions.
Citrus Glazed Carrots step by step
- Heat butter, sugar, and juice in skillet over medium high heat. Bring to simmer quickly..
- Add carrots. Stir every so often for about 15 minutes or until desired tenderness..
They're the perfect accompaniment for all kinds of main entrees. This recipe is very easy to put together, leaving your oven and stove top free for other cooking creations. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Bring water to a boil, cover and steam carrots until tender yet crisp. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring gently to coat carrots and oranges. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until carrots are cooked and liquid is thick.