Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. This is a great frosting for the Carrot Cake. The lemon zest complements the cream cheese so perfectly that I sometimes even snack on this frosting I just can't get enough of the sweet, tangy flavor!
If you'd rather have a different flavor, try this vanilla whipped cream cheese frosting (or add some lemon zest to it!), raspberry cream cheese frosting, or use a simple lemon icing by mixing powdered sugar with a little fresh lemon juice! There's so much to love about snacking cakes, those single-layer confections meant to be sliced into any time of day. Here lemon juice and zest brighten the batter, and ground freeze-dried raspberries give classic cream-cheese frosting a natural rosy tint. You can cook Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing
- It’s 1 box of favorite lemon cake mix.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 3 of eggs room temperature.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For the Frosting.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemon zest.
Pile on whole berries, and help yourself. Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – Super light and super delicious! Starts with a box of cake mix. Add buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and almond extract.
Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan.
- Place all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium with an electric mixer until all ingredients are combined, pour in bundt pan. Place in oven..
- For the frosting, add the butter, lemon juice and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Turn the mixer down to low gradually add the powder sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Once combined, turn the mixer up to medium and beat for another two minutes. Spread onto cooled cake then add chocolate chips to cake and serve. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!!.
Frost the cake with a light and fluffy cream cheese and cool whip frosting. I could not stop eating this cake! About this lemon cream cheese frosting: Lemon cream cheese frosting is basically cream cheese frosting made even more delicious with the addition of lemon juice and lemon zest. It's perfect for lemon cake, vanilla or white cake, banana cake, pretty much any kind of cake. If you are a fan of lemon cake, this is the easiest and best tasting lemon sheet cake you will ever make.