Clams in white wine sauce. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook linguini pasta until al dente. Mix white wine in a pot with vegetable broth, spices, finely chopped garlic and onion sliced in half rings and bring to a boil. Watch our video recipe on how to make clams in white wine sauce, one of Spain´s most popular seafood tapas.
Pour in white wine, then stir in the clams. Anne makes a hearty linguine dish packed with clams, cheese and garlic. When the garlic is golden brown and very aromatic, remove it and discard, it has fulfilled its garlic destiny. You can cook Clams in white wine sauce using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Clams in white wine sauce
- You need 1 package of frozen baby clams OR 2 lbs of fresh clams.
- You need 1/2 of salted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Small pinch of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of minced shallot.
- It’s 3 of minced garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1 package of dry spaghetti noodles.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Remove clams from the water and set aside. Linguine with fresh clams in a garlic white wine sauce (authentically known as linguine vongole) is one of those dinners that sounds totally chic and fancy but is actually one of the easiest and budget-friendly Italian pasta recipes you can make. A recipe for classic Italian-American white clam sauce with linguine. I make this normally with littleneck clams, but many different kinds of clams work.
Clams in white wine sauce instructions
- Fill large pot with cold water and allow to come to boil. Once water comes to a boil, add a few pinches of salt and I teaspooon of olive oil. Add pasta to cook..
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Add minced garlic and shallot. Sautee until they become translucent. Add clams and continue to stir. Add salt/pepper/pepper flakes. Stir all ingredients to incorporate everything together over medium heat. Add white wine and place lid tightly over clams to continue cooking until clams open.. about 8 minutes..
- Once pasta is ready, add pasta to pan. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to tighten up sauce. Finally finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Allow to sit a few minutes (it will thicken up slightly). Serve with crusty bread and a glass of white wine!.
I'd developed a powerful urge for linguine with white clam sauce. I did not venture out alone. You should know that I am not the only crazy Northern. Steamed Clams Recipe – I love clams steamed in white wine, garlic, and butter. I typically top them off with fresh parsley and a lemon wedge – with Add wine and increase heat to medium-high until wine is brought to a simmering boil.