Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams. Great recipe for Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Whoever said seafood and cheeses don't mix – was a total dumbass.
Remove from heat and fold in the grilled, chopped quahogs. To serve, whisk the olive oil, cilantro, lemon zest, and garlic. Add the quahogs in one layer and cover. You can cook Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams using 33 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams
- It’s of ● For The Seafoods [chopped clams & crab meant for stuffing].
- It’s 12 of Raw Giant Quahog Clams On The Half Shell [size of large hand].
- Prepare of [☆ clams are easy enough to open on your own – or, ask butcher].
- You need 12 oz of Can Chopped Clams In Juice [drained – reserve juice].
- You need 8 oz of Fine Shreadded Pre-steamed Crab Meat.
- Prepare of ● For The Clam Stuffing.
- It’s of Your 12 oz Drained Can Of Pre-steamed Clams [minced].
- Prepare 8 oz of Your Fine Shreadded Pre-steamed Crab Meat.
- It’s 4 Cups of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Fine Minced Mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Quality White Wine.
- You need of use as needed Reserved Clam And Crab Juice [to moisten stuffing].
- You need of ● For The Toppings [to taste or, as needed].
- Prepare of Shreadded Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of Your Favorite Hot Sauce.
- Prepare Leaves of Fresh Parsley.
- It’s of Lemon Wedges.
- It’s of ● For The Options [to taste – all super fine minced & pan fried].
- Prepare as needed of Salted Butter.
- It’s to taste of Vidalia Onions.
- You need to taste of Green Bell Peppers.
- Prepare to taste of Orange Bell Peppers.
- You need to taste of Celery With Leaves.
- You need to taste of Fried Chopped Bacon.
It's really easy, you put the clams directly over the hot fire and as soon as the shells pop open, you. Quahogs are in season now on Cape Cod, and what better way to celebrate than with a homemade stuffed quahog recipe! If you're a New Englander like me, then you know a stuffed quahog when you see one. Just to be clear, a stuffed quahog is also known as a stuffed clam – quahog just sounds cooler.
Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams step by step
- Mix your stuffing well and heat. Use reserved clam juice if you feel your stuffing is too dry. You'll want it somewhat moist. No need to fry your stuffing if opting out of the fresh veggies. Just heat/steam in microwave..
- Dislodge clams from shell and put back into place. Reserve any fluids if you possibly can..
- If incorporating the fresh veggies, fry in butter until translucent. About 3 minutes for fine minced. Then add stuffing. My students opted for both versions..
- Pack stuffing tightly and generously on your raw giant clams. Grill for 7 minutes covered at 400°. Or, until they're bubbling. Add cheeses at the finish and allow to melt..
- Serve these delicious appetizers with hot sauces to the side. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!.
See more ideas about Clam recipes, Portuguese recipes, Seafood dishes. Our original stuffies contain a clam stuffing and are topped with dried parsley. Our linguica stuffies contain a clam and linguica sausage stuffing and are topped with dried paprika for a spicy kick. Great as an appetizer or even as the main event! Hand-made by the Cape Cod Stuffed Quahog Company in Monument Beach, Massachusetts.