Delicious Easy Clam Chowder. Clam chowder is easier to make than you think – and the homemade version is unbelievably creamy, flavorful and chockfull of clams! Soup season has come and gone, but a bowl of clam chowder can really be eaten in any kind of weather, especially when it comes to the homemade version. A wonderful hot delicious springtime lunch or dinner!
I try all different recipes for creamy clam chowder but I keep coming back to this one! Living in New England has its perks: beautiful foliage, cool accents, Maine lobsters, delish seafood and … easy clam chowder! Season chowder with salt and pepper to taste. You can cook Delicious Easy Clam Chowder using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Delicious Easy Clam Chowder
- Prepare 5 medium of potatoes.
- It’s 5 can of clam 6.5 oz.
- It’s 1/2 packages of bacon.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of water or broth.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of sprig of thyme.
- You need 3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of parsley, roasted garlic optional.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 cup of milk or half and half.
- Prepare 1 of Bread bowl optional.
- You need 7 tbsp of cornstarch.
If the chowder is too thick, gradually stir in more half-and-half until you reach your desired consistency. Garnish with bacon and chives and serve immediately. Soups and chowders are popular anytime of the year, especially winter. However, many recipes require a long cooking time for the ingredients to cook slowly while the flavors meld together.
Delicious Easy Clam Chowder step by step
- Turn on crockpot to high, add clam with its juice, broth and the chopped potato. I recommend peeling the potato first. Do not add the cream or milk..
- Chop onion then sautee onion in pan until soft for about 5 min. Add sauteed onion to crockpot and allow the contents to cook for 3 hours or when potatoes are soft..
- During the fourth hour of cooking, you'll want to add the milk or cream and cornstarch. Mix 7 tablespoons of cornstarch with one cup of milk or cream and then add it to the crockpot. We like our clam chowder hearty and a little thick. Stir. Add the remaining cups of milk or cream. Stir..
- Within the last hour, your soup will thicken. When its done to your liking, top will parsley, green onion, cheese, hot sauce and or bacon (basically whatever you want) and viola!.
- **** Bacon: I highly recommend oven baking your bacon. Less splatter, less mess and just as good..
That's not the case with this quick and easy clam chowder that tastes just as delicious as the versions that. The best ever clam chowder you have ever tasted, and it is easy and fast. You will pass this recipe along to your family and friends. If you like more clams you can always add more. Sometimes I will also cube potatoes and throw them in.