Best Clam Chowder Ever!. This is the best clam chowder recipe, ever! In the Pacific Northwest, we dig our own razor clams and I grind them for the chowder. Since these aren't readily available, the canned clams are perfectly acceptable. —Sandy Larson, Port Angeles, Washington.
Easy Clam Chowder – Clam chowder is easier to make than you think – and the homemade version is unbelievably creamy, flavorful and chockfull of clams! If you didn't know, clam chowder is actually a very simple soup to prepare with a few pantry ingredients. Now some recipes call for fresh clams but I. You can have Best Clam Chowder Ever! using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best Clam Chowder Ever!
- You need 1/2 lb of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Bear Creek Creamy Potatoe Soup Mix.
- Prepare 3 can of Chopped Clams.
- It’s 4 medium of size potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Real Butter.
- You need 8 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to flavor.
Best Clam Chowder is best made in your favorite Le Creuset Braiser and then take it straight to the table for serving. Don't forget the ladle, because your guests will be coming back for more. My favorite soup bowls, classic white always looks sharp. I don't really like clam chowder, but we plan to return a couple of more times before we leave Mazatlan.
Best Clam Chowder Ever! step by step
- Using a food processor chop bacon and onion together until minced..
- In large pot on medium heat, cook bacon and onion stirring often for about 5-10 minutes. Next, put 1 cube of butter in the Bacon and onion mixture. Stir quickly while butter melts..
- Next follow directions from Bear Creek Soup Mix, using 8 cups of milk instead of water. Using a whisk mix briskly until mixed well. Add clams, stir well..
- Cut up the potatoes into cubes and put into soup mixture. Stir and add last cube of real butter, continue stirring until butter is melted..
- Using 2-3 Tb of flour and a small amount of milk, make a rue to thicken soup to your liking..
- Add salt and pepper to flavor to your liking. Cook on low heat until potatoes are done, 30-45 minutes, serve with French bread..
In addition my husband had the fish and chips and said it was. How Long is Clam Chowder Good for? New England Clam Chowder should be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator. I love that you attempted making Clam Chowder for your first ever soup – bravo Chris! I'm so please this was better than any restaurant and devoured so quickly!