Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce. In a large skillet saute the garlic in the olive oil. Add the liquid from the clams, parsley, white wine, basil, and salt and stir well. Linguini with White Wine Clam Sauce.
Remove from heat, and stir in butter and parsley. Add some reserved pasta water to thin sauce if necessary; season with salt. Meanwhile, heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. You can have Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce
- It’s 1 pound of linguine.
- It’s 50 of clams.
- You need 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 of an onion diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of parsley.
- It’s 1/4 of butter.
- It’s 1/4 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
White clam sauce can be frozen. Place sauce in a plastic freezer-safe bag. What type of wine do I use to make clam sauce? A dry wine like Pinot Grigio adds the perfect flavoring to the light clam sauce.
Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce step by step
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a pan..
- Add diced onion and chopped garlic cloves. Cook till fragrant..
- Boil water for pasta if not done so and add pasta. Cook for recommended time..
- When onion and garlic is fragrant put white wine, lemon juice and cleaned clams into pan and cover. Bring to a boil..
- When clams are completely opened take off heat..
- Put pasta in a serving bowl and pour clams and sauce onto pasta..
- Chop one bunch of parsley and sprinkle on top..
Pro Tips for great White Clam Sauce. Always salt the pasta water to add flavor to the pasta. By this point, your linguine should be just shy of the al dente stage – still a little chewy. Use some long tongs (these silicone tipped tongs work great because they grip the pasta) and transfer the linguine directly from the pot to the pan with the white clam sauce to simmer for a few minutes until the pasta finishes cooking. Don't worry about draining and rinsing the pasta – the starch.