Ed's Easy Clam Chowder. Easy Clam Chowder – Clam chowder is easier to make than you think – and the homemade version is unbelievably creamy, flavorful and chockfull of clams! If you didn't know, clam chowder is actually a very simple soup to prepare with a few pantry ingredients. Now some recipes call for fresh clams but I.
Garnish with bacon and chives and serve immediately. Whether you favor Manhattan clam chowder or New England clam chowder, you've got everything you need in these simple, easy recipes. About Recipe Wars Each week on Recipe Wars, we our expert chefs recreate famous versions of a signature dish from around the world. You can cook Ed's Easy Clam Chowder using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ed's Easy Clam Chowder
- It’s 4 cans of clam chowder ( I use Snows).
- It’s 2 cans of chopped clams ( again Snows ).
- Prepare 2 bottles of clam juice (suprise Snows).
- It’s 1 lb of bacon diced.
- It’s 1 of lg yellow onion diced.
- It’s 1 lb of butter.
- You need 1 qt of half and half.
- You need 2 cans of diced potatos.
- It’s 1/2 c of white wine.
This easy clam chowder recipe is straight from New England and remains my favorite! I try all different recipes for creamy clam chowder but I keep coming back to this one! Living in New England has its perks: beautiful foliage, cool accents, Maine lobsters, delish seafood and … easy clam chowder! The best ever clam chowder you have ever tasted, and it is easy and fast.
Ed's Easy Clam Chowder step by step
- In a 6 qt pot render the bacon until crisp, then remove bacon ( to drain on a couple of paper towels), and all but about 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease..
- Sweat the onion in the reserved bacon grease, until translucent..
- Deglaze the pot with the wine and reduce until almost dry..
- Add potatos, clams ( juice and all), clam chowder, half and half, clam juice, and bring to a simmer over med high heat. Stir every few mins or it will scorch..
- Reduce heat add butter, bacon, and i table spoon of fresh parsly..
- Serve with crackers..
You will pass this recipe along to your family and friends. If you like more clams you can always add more. Sometimes I will also cube potatoes and throw them in. This recipe comes from an old college friend. Pair steaming bowlfuls with sourdough bread and a green salad.