Tammy's Clam Chowder. Get Fresh Clam Chowder Shipped To Your Door. Shipped Directly From Maine Find Deals on Clam Chowder in Groceries on Amazon. A delicious, traditional, cream based chowder, this recipe calls for the standard chowder ingredients: onion, celery, potatoes, diced carrots, clams, and cream.
Coarsely chop half of the shellfish meat and add it to the chowder along with the remaining shellfish meat. Serve the chowder with the remaining smoked salmon, a bit of dill, and a few grinds of pepper. Learn how to cook great Tammy's fish chowder allrecipes.com. You can have Tammy's Clam Chowder using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tammy's Clam Chowder
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- You need 4 of diced potatoes.
- Prepare 8 can of chopped clams.
- You need 4 can of Minced clams.
- You need 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- You need 1 pints of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1 quart of Whole milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 stick of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Tammy's fish chowder allrecipes.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Tammy's fish chowder allrecipes.com recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. See great recipes for Tammy's Summer Chillin' Relaxer, Tammy's Easy Kielbasa too! Discard any clams that don't open.
Tammy's Clam Chowder instructions
- Chop potatoes and onion into small bite size chunks. Set aside..
- In large pot melt butter add flour and stir until thick then slowly a little at a time, add each liquid ingredient and stir until thick then add a little more, etc….
- After you have your liquid thick base, drain clams and add them and potatoes and onions salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 hours or until potatoes are cooked. Stir every 15 minutes.
In a clean dutch oven over medium heat, cook your chopped bacon until slightly browned. Clam chowder is easier to make than you think – and the homemade version is unbelievably creamy, flavorful and chockfull of clams! Soup season has come and gone, but a bowl of clam chowder can really be eaten in any kind of weather, especially when it comes to the homemade version. Tammy's Fish Chowder Fish chowder, made with sea bass, potatoes, and onions, is nicely seasoned with thyme for a tasty lunch or side dish at dinner; serve with crusty bread. Clam chowder is any of several chowder soups in American cuisine containing clams and broth or milk.