Linguine Vongole (Linguine with fresh Clam Sauce). Linguine with fresh clams in a garlic white wine sauce (authentically known as linguine vongole) is one of those dinners that sounds totally chic and fancy but is actually one of the easiest and budget-friendly Italian pasta recipes you can make. I was recently sent the new Fred's at Barney's New York. This is an easy, inexpensive, white clam sauce.
If possible, look for an artisanal dried pasta for this recipe—the rougher surface texture will catch the slippery I have made many different linguine and clams recipes. This was by far one of the top. Looking for the best clam sauce pasta? You can cook Linguine Vongole (Linguine with fresh Clam Sauce) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Linguine Vongole (Linguine with fresh Clam Sauce)
- You need 3 dozen of live little neck clams.
- You need 1 lb of Linguine pasta.
- It’s 1 head of fresh garlic.
- You need 3 cup of pino grigio white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
This Linguine with Clams from Delish.com is the best. This linguine with clam sauce recipe is simple and elegant in all the right ways. Italian red clam sauce is made differently than the white clam sauce many know. It contains no butter or cheese.
Linguine Vongole (Linguine with fresh Clam Sauce) step by step
- Start to cook pasta in boiling salted water until Aldente.
- Rinse & scrub clams in fresh water..
- Chop & mince whole head of garlic.
- Add olive oil to pot on medium heat & cook garlic until clear (do not burn) & add white whine & reduce until alcohol cooks off, about 5 minutes simmering..
- Add salt & oregano.
- Add clams to pot & cover. Let simmer until clams start to open & then add butter..
- Once all the clams are fully open add the cooked pasta & let cook for another minute (discard any clams that did not open)..
- Plate and garnish with chopped parsley & crushed red pepper flakes..
Place pasta in shallow serving dish or individual bowls. Season sauce with red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Sweet clams & white wine. "During a fantastic post-graduation summer in Milan, where Amanda set off (portfolio in hand) to find a job in the fashion industry, she and her friends fell in love with the food they discovered. Linguine with clams in a garlicky white wine sauce makes an easy and elegant Italian pasta dinner. How To Make Linguine with Clams.