Raw Clams on the Halfshell. Just shucking up some clams for dinner. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Raw Clams On Halfshell On Ice. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä.
Run the knife underneath the clam to detach it completely. A raw clam on the halfshell is slightly salty, faintly sweet and slightly fishy. Clams taste quite different when served steamed, fried in a batter coating or added to a creamy New England chowder recipe or a Manhattan-style, tomato-based soup. You can have Raw Clams on the Halfshell using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Raw Clams on the Halfshell
- You need 2 dozen of fresh live clams (little neck or cherrystone are best to eat raw).
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 of tobasco sauce.
- Prepare 1 of cocktail sauce.
At Tadich Grill in San Francisco, California's oldest restaurant. Enjoy littlenecks raw on the halfshell, fried or steamed. Cherrystones are sometimes eaten raw but more often are broiled, chopped for chowder or baked in dishes like clams casino. Raw Clams on the Half-Shell over ice Cherry Stone Clams.
Raw Clams on the Halfshell instructions
- Keep clams on ice (easier to open them & best served chilled) open with a clam knife & best to hold the clam with a dishtowel as to not slice open your hand. Press knife at the seam of the hinge & press hard, when knife slides in run it through the clam to open it. Open sideways as to not lose the juice. Discard the top shell & run knife under the clam to release from bottom shell..
- Put a leaf of lettuce on the bottom of the dish & fill with ice. Place half a dozen clams on top of the ice. Serve with a wedge of lemon, tobasco sauce & cocktail sauce..
- Squeeze lemon juice over the clams. Add a couple of drops of tobasco sauce & small teaspoon of cocktail sauce & suck them right out of the shell..
Scrub clams under running water using a stiff brush. Hold the clam in the palm of your hand using a towel so that you don't cut your hand, and work over a bowl to ensure that you catch the clam's juices. From the Half Shell Raw Bar's Film Vault. We just missed the Oscar deadline. Place the chilled raw clams on a chilled serving plate.