Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce. Toss spaghetti with clam sauce, and top with grated Romano cheese. The red pepper flakes give it a nice little kick, but How Many Calories and Points in this Spaghetti Clam Sauce Dinner? This spaghetti with clams recipe is for busy moms and busy not-moms.
This easy Spaghetti with Clam Sauce recipe is the perfect dish to celebrate the start of the weekend. Who could resist clams, garlic, and an indulgent white wine sauce? This simple, Italian classic is an elegant seafood pasta dish that's sure to impress anyone you cook it for. You can have Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of spaghetti.
- You need 2 lb of clams.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 packages of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 bunch of chopped fresh parsley.
Add spaghetti to boiling water, and cook until slightly underdone; pasta will finish cooking in sauce. This is a rerun from my old blog, but I've had several requests for it so I posted it today. This pasta dish is always a best seller at Italian restaurants, but very few people try to make it at home. Add to clam sauce along with parsley and chili flakes; mix, and add salt to taste.
Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce instructions
- boil and salt water in pot to cook pasta.
- in a large pan, melt butter and add Olive oil over medium heat.
- add onion and garlic, sautee for a few minutes until fragrant.
- add mushrooms and cook until softened.
- *if you haven't already, add pasta to boiling water, and cook about ten minutes stirring occasionally. Cook slightly al dente..
- to pan, add wine, lemon juice, and clams.
- stir and place lid on pan to allow clams to steam and open (if they do not open, discard).
- add chopped parsley.
- drain pasta, do not rinse, and add to pan of clams..
- stir and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- turn off the heat and stir to make sure the pasta is coated, serve hot.
- you can top with some fresh parsley, parmesan, and add garlic bread if desired.
Baby clams are tossed in a sea of spaghetti with a classic Italian sauce of tomatoes, capsicum and garlic, with a hint of chilli. Add stock and wine and bring to the boil. White Italian spaghetti sauce is commonly known by its French name, bechamel sauce, although the Italians refer to it as salsa di besciamella. For a simple seafood dish, stir in a can of tinned clams with some chopped garlic for a traditional Italian sauce that pairs well with spaghetti. This is a light, delicious clam sauce in a white wine sauce.