Nation Clam Chowder. Find Deals on Clam Chowder in Groceries on Amazon. New England Clam Chowder lovers turn up their noses at the tomatoes in Manhattan Clam Chowder. Meanwhile, Long Island plays the diplomat by including both cream and tomatoes in its clam chowder.
It's very hearty, chunky and flavorful. One of the best chowders I've had!! The typical clam chowder is made with copious amounts of heavy cream, whole milk, and bacon, all of which are high in saturated fat. You can cook Nation Clam Chowder using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nation Clam Chowder
- It’s 1 can of whole clams in clam juice.
- You need 1 can of Chopped clams, in clam juice.
- It’s 4 of Strips of regular smoked bacon, sliced into squares.
- It’s 1 small of red potato, diced.
- Prepare 1 small of white onion, diced finely.
- Prepare 3 of Celery stalks, chopped thin.
- Prepare 4 of Green onions, chopped (white and green parts).
- You need 1 can of Cream of potato soup.
- You need 1 can of Cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 small of package of heavy cream (you will probably only use 3/4ths of it).
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon, squeezed for the juice.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt, pepper, paprika.
Having too much of this type of dietary fat can increase the risk of high LDL ("bad") cholesterol over time, according to the American Heart Association (AHA). New England clam chowder has long been a fixture on menus in the Northeast, and now it has a following nationwide. The creamy, briny and comforting soup made of clams, potatoes, onions and milk or. His clam chowder, a menu staple, is a great example, with smokiness amped up by house-cured bacon, and buttermilk biscuit-croutons for savoring all the stew.
Nation Clam Chowder instructions
- In a large non-stick pan, over medium/medium high heat add the bacon and cook until crunchy, set aside on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Using the bacon oil in the pan, add the diced red potatoes and celery, cook until softened stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped white onion and green onions to the pot and sautee until softened (you might need to add some butter to the pan if the oil is all soaked up).
- Add the juice (not the clams) of BOTH cans of the whole and chopped clams, and bring the onions and potatoes to a boil.
- Add all your seasoning, and squeeze 1/2 the lemon in. Cook until the potatoes are fully cooked through, stirring occasionally (most of the clam juice will soak up).
- Add the cans of cream of celery and mushroom, and stir all ingredients together well (add a couple dashes of hot sauce if desired).
- Slowly add the heavy cream, a little at a time and stir each time until desired consistency is reached. I usually use 3/4ths of the carton.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Re-incorporate the cooked bacon, and add both cans of clams into chowder and stir.
- On low heat, let the chowder set for five minutes for the flavors to mix..
- Serve and enjoy!! Garnish with chopped green onions if desired ;).
Variations of New England clam chowder exist throughout the region and, depending on where you are, the consistency can be thin or thick. The version of clam chowder you'll find on menus across the Bay State. New England Clam Chowder, Legal Sea Foods, Warwick For a white chowder, it's hard to argue with Legal's version. Lots of clams, layered flavors and just the right thickness. Stanley Cup of Chowder Boston Bruins Schedule, Roster, News, and Rumors