Five Spices Salt and Pepper Pork. This Salt and Pepper Pork Chop version is probably the most common of several variations. Move the pork to one side of the bowl, add the ingredients for the coating, and mix until you get a loose batter. Next, combine the pork and the batter until everything is well-coated, and set aside.
The Chinese five-spice powder and white pepper sprinkled on the chops after frying are like a touch. For the Salt and Pepper Pork, make sure the pork is cooked through. Toast the salt flakes in a hot pan until they start to brown – it's very important to do this to get the true salt and pepper flavour. You can have Five Spices Salt and Pepper Pork using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Five Spices Salt and Pepper Pork
- Prepare of Ingredients for pork:.
- You need 1/2 pound of pork shoulder cut into thick slices (about 250g).
- You need 2 Tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of rice wine.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese five spices powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tapioca starch.
- It’s of Other ingredients:.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of white pepper powder.
- It’s to taste of Chili pepper thinly sliced to garnish.
- It’s of Cilantro chopped to garnish.
Delicious crisp yet juicy meaty pork ribs with a smattering of spices. Salt, pepper and spread with warm sauce. Chinese Five Spice goes wonderfully well with chicken and pork as a marinade, but nothing quite beats it rubbed into the lightly-oiled skin of a duck or goose Taste a little, and add salt and pepper if you fancy. You can add a little extra Five Spice at this stage if you'd like a stronger flavour, but you.
Five Spices Salt and Pepper Pork step by step
- Marinate the meat with all the pork ingredients, except tapioca flour, for at least 1 hour..
- Dredge the pork slices in tapioca flour, shake off excess, and let sit for about 5-10 minutes until you don’t see dry flour..
- Place the meat in the fryer basket and spray some oil. Air Fry at 380F for 12-14 minutes, flip once in the middle until the surface appears to be nice and crisp..
- Toss in the pork slices with chili pepper and chopped cilantro. Then, sprinkle some salt and pepper to serve..
Mix the five-spice and flour in a bowl. Add the pork and toss to coat. Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat until very hot. Five-spice powder (Chinese: 五香粉; pinyin: wǔxiāng fěn) is a spice mixture of five or more spices used predominantly in almost all branches of Chinese cuisines and Vietnamese cuisine. While there are many variants, a common mix is: Star anise (bā jiǎo 八角).