Five-Spice Tofu Stir-Fry. Remove from pan and set aside. This is my all time favorite stir-fry. It has such a yummy flavor and it tastes just as good as some Chinese foods I've had at restaurants.
When tofu is golden on all sides remove and reserve. Add remaining oil to pan and pat eggplant dry with paper towel. Add the garlic, ginger and five spice powder to the pan. You can have Five-Spice Tofu Stir-Fry using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Five-Spice Tofu Stir-Fry
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sodium-reduced soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 packages of medium-firm tofu, drained.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Five-Spice powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 head of bok choy, chopped.
- You need 8 oz of shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved.
Add something spicy to your family's Asian cuisine night! Serve tofu and vegetables with rice – a dish that's ready in about an hour! MORE+ LESS This stir-fry with snappy green beans and rice has a hint of chili and a gingery kick for a tasty and filling meal with that takes all of five minutes to cook. Note: Look for dry tofu, or "tofu gan" in Asian groceries, often labeled "spiced" or "five spice tofu." The extra firm, pressed tofu is often steeped in.
Five-Spice Tofu Stir-Fry step by step
- whisk together broth, oyster sauce, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, and 1/2 cup water..
- cut tofu into 1-inch cubes; gently toss with five-spice powder. In wok or skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry tofu until golden, about four minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate..
- heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 30 seconds. add bok choy and mushrooms; stir-fry for 3 minutes..
- stir in tofu and broth mixture; bring to boil. reduce heat and simmer, covered, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes..
I was not aware of how tasty the Five Spice seasoning can be until I thought about seasoning my tofu with it. oh how amazing! Five-spice Tofu Stir-fry recipe: Canadian Living's "The Vegetarian Collection". Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are softened. Tofu, rice noodles, bell peppers, and snow peas are stir fried and spiced with a chili garlic paste to make this recipe for spicy tofu stir fry. It's so flavorful, high in protein, and much healthier than Chinese takeout.