Mongolian beef. Find Deals on Mongolian Beef Sauce in Pantry Staples on Amazon. Heat a wok over high heat until very hot, and pour in the peanut oil. Easy Mongolian Beef has crazy tender beef with a crispy seared edge that gets coated in a bold sticky sauce.
It is one of the top recipes on the website!… Mongolian beef uses spices like garlic, salt and red pepper flakes and are mixed together with sauces like hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Some recipes incorporate other spices and sauces like oyster sauce, Sriracha and pepper. Hence, the Mongolian Beef recipe was born. (But, as Judy and the girls would say, that's just my crazy theory/the ramblings of an old coot!) Anyway, chalk it up to Chinese-American menu planners and marketers who dubbed the dish "Mongolian Beef." This is the tastiest Mongolian Beef I've ever eaten, and I used to love P. You can cook Mongolian beef using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mongolian beef
- You need 1 1/2 lb. of Flank steak, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/4 C. of Cornstarch or Masa.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 C. of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 C. of Brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 C. of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Ginger, minced.
- You need 3 of Garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 6-7 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 3 C. of Long grain white rice.
I do suggest putting the beef in the starch before you saute the galic/ginger to better manage time.. Mongolian Beef is a recipe that I've been cooking for clients for many years for a number of reasons. One, people love anything that tastes like Chinese takeout. Two, the sweet flavor of the dark brown sugar mixed with the salty soy sauce and the strong ginger and garlic is incredibly addicting and three you get to enjoy it over a mountain of.
Mongolian beef instructions
- In a ziplock bag or large bowl toss sliced steak with cornstarch or Massa. Coat evenly..
- Cook rice according to package directions..
- Heat large skilled to high heat and and vegetable oil. Add steak in a single layer and cook each side about 1-2 min. until edges just start to brown. Work In batches if needed. Remove and set aside..
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water, ginger, and garlic. Add sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil. Add steak and allow to thicken. About 10 min..
- Toss with green onions and sprinkle on red pepper flakes. Serve over rice..
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil; set aside. Trim the fat of the flank steak and cut into thin pieces against the grain. In large wok, cook the rice noodles in. Mongolian beef is delicious, with silky and tender beef in a rich and savory Chinese brown sauce.