Sous vide aged prime strip steak with parmesan Asparagus. The sous vide method retains asparagus's moisture while still producing a firm stalk cooked to perfection. Asparagus season is all too short, so I do my best to make the most of it. Cooking this veggie sous vide results in a fresh, vibrant color that really adds a bright pop to your dinner plate.
Set a sous vide cooker inside a large pot and pour water to the fill line to make the water bath. We recommend cooking it sous vide to get an incredibly tender NY strip. New York Strips are one of the most iconic cuts of steak in the United States, and for great reason. You can have Sous vide aged prime strip steak with parmesan Asparagus using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sous vide aged prime strip steak with parmesan Asparagus
- Prepare 1 of # Prime strip steak dry-aged for 30 days. OR steak of your choice.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs of Avacado Oil.
- You need of Asparagus about 12, tough ends snapped off.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of minced garlic clove.
- You need of Parmesan to sprinkle.
This strip of meat is super tender and only gets even more tender from cooking it sous vide. Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science. To achieve a nice crust along with that perfectly cooked meat, finish these sous vide steaks in a pan or on the grill. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
Sous vide aged prime strip steak with parmesan Asparagus instructions
- Prepare your sous vide set up and set for 125f and 2 hours then start.
- Ziplock or vacuum seal the steak and when unit is up to heat, place bag in water..
- About 10 minutes before meat is ready, prepare Asparagus.
- Put Asparagus in a small cassorole dish.
- Dribble with Olive Oil, garlic and sprinkle with Parmesean.
- Preheat Oven to 400f.
- When the meat is almost ready, place cast iron skillet on high to get it really blazing hot!.
- Put the Asparagus in the oven and cook until cheese starts to melt. Asparagus should be crisp, don't overcook.
- When ready, take the meat out of the bag and dry thoughly.
- When pan is REALLY hot, add avacado oil then brown the meat just enough to get a good crust on each side..
- Remove and allow to rest on a board for 10 minutes..
- Remove the Asparagus from the oven and plate and keep warm.
- Slice meat into 1/4" or so thick slices, divide to each plate, pour over juice on the board and serve..
- Serve with any good red wine of your choice..
Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange asparagus around steak. Sous Vide Australian Beef Strip Steak with Creamed Spinach. This sous vide steak recipe is great for parties since you can cook the steak to the ideal temperature (way) ahead of time and quickly sear it before serving. Clip (or stand) sous vide machine to a tall large pot. Fill pot with warm water to height according to manufacturer's instructions.