Easy Vegetable Beef Soup. "This is the easiest vegetable beef soup recipe that I know of, and it tastes wonderful!" This soup is okay. I agree that beef stock would be better. It's missing that hearty beef flavor.
Nothing beats my Mom's slow-cooked vegetable soup. There's no need to spend all day at the stove with this vegetable beef soup recipe. A hearty Vegetable Beef Soup with melt-in-your-mouth slow cooked chunks of beef, potato and vegetables simmered in a herb infused savoury broth. You can cook Easy Vegetable Beef Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Vegetable Beef Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of water or beef broth or 2 tbsp beef soup base.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (10.5 oz) of condensed tomato soup.
- You need 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of bag of mixed frozen vegetables.
- It’s 1 of zucchini (optional).
- You need 2 of medium russet potatoes.
You'll love how the broth of this beef soup recipe is slightly thickened so it's like gravy and has extra flavour from a secret ingredient! Vegetable beef soup with a Filipino twist. I live in a small town in Connecticut. Soup is great for making ahead, and this easy vegetable beef soup is one of the best because the flavors just get better as it sits.
Easy Vegetable Beef Soup instructions
- In large pot or dutch oven add your ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink and onions are translucient..
- Add your salt and pepper and mix till combined..
- Mix in your beef broth, tomatoes, tomato soup, worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning, bay leaves, parsley and vegetables and potatoes..
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until potatoes are tender and take bay leaves out. Garnish with green onions or sour cream or parmesan or all 3..
- Notes: You can use petite diced tomatoes or regular diced tomatoes, depending on how small you like your tomatoes in the soup. You can substitute the Worcestershire sauce for balsamic vinegar, I love the little tang that it gives the soup and I've done this multiple times. You can also stir in some cooked macaroni noodles to make this a beef Vegetable Noodle Soup.
This is a great option for meal prepping on the weekend when you have more spare time, and then simply reheating throughout the week. Because it has no pasta or rice, it. No need to buy canned sodium filled soups when you can make this easy vegetable beef soup right in the comfort of your own home. I'm always in the kitchen cooking up a new recipe. This instructional video is on how to make this great vegetable beef soup recipe.