Basic Cheese Fondue. Your fondue party won't start hopping until the cheese starts melting. Get busy with this easy, basic Cheddar cheese fondue! It's perfect with pieces of bread or vegetables.
Basic Cheese Fondue, Charlie's Cheese Fondue, Aromatic Cheese Fondue, etc. Melting Pot Cheese Fondue This is the cheese fondue that the Melting Pot uses. There's no fancy technique required for making cheese fondue—just a bit of patience. You can cook Basic Cheese Fondue using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Cheese Fondue
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, halved crosswise.
- It’s 1 of 1⁄2 cups dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of kirsch.
- It’s 1/2 lbs of Emmental cheese, coarsely grated.
- Prepare 1/2 lbs of Gruyère, coarsely grated.
- It’s of Grated nutmeg.
- It’s of Italian or French bread cut into cubes. Stale is best.
Take your time between each addition of cheese to allow it to completely melt into the wine before adding more. Cheese Fondue – all you need is garlic, wine, cornstarch, and cheese! So versatile and perfect for the holidays. Cheese fondue may be a traditional winter meal that you share with friends and family, but why not eat this great dish outside during the summer period.
Basic Cheese Fondue instructions
- Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard garlic..
- Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat..
- Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly until cheese is just melted and creamy. Add cheese slowly until each addition is melted..
- Stir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup and stir into cheese..
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes..
- Add nutmeg if desired and stir in..
- Transfer to fondue pot set over a low heat..
- Serve with cubed, slightly stale or dried out Italion Bread..
This isn't your basic cheese fondue. Because it's made with Swiss and seasoned with garlic, white wine, cherry brandy and nutmeg, it's full of flavor. Did you try to introduce cheese fondue to your child yet? If no, here we give some tasty and. Place the cheese mix in a fondue pot and place over low heat.