Mexican Rice and Chicken. On days I get home late from the hospital, I'm glad this main dish comes together easily in one skillet. Sometimes, I make it ahead in the morning and refrigerate. It's so quick to just sprinkle on the cheese and reheat it for dinner.—Cindy Gage, Blair, Nebraska.
For our liquid we are using Old El Paso enchilada sauce and diced tomatoes. My littles ate a bite and then took a drink. Mexican chicken and rice is a one-pot meal loaded with flavor. You can cook Mexican Rice and Chicken using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice and Chicken
- You need of the chicken.
- It’s 2 of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of chopped onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of black beans.
- You need of the rice.
- You need 1 cup of short grain rice.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of finely diced onion.
- Prepare 5 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 100 ml of tomato paste.
- It’s 200 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of five spice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped green chilli.
Marinated chicken thighs simmer together with healthy vegetables, black beans, and tender long grain rice. A tasty Mexican recipe with a balance of protein, fiber, and carbohydrates for a satisfying family-friendly dinner. Want to make the Mexican Chicken & Rice with white meat? From a reader, Bryce, who made the One Pot Greek Chicken and Rice recipe with boneless chicken breasts: Just FYI for anyone in the future who was wondering if you could make this with boneless Chicken Breast-You absolutely can and it is.
Mexican Rice and Chicken instructions
- To make the chicken: slice the boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. marinate in salt and pepper to taste..
- In a pan, cook the onion and mushroom on high heat for 3 minutes. then lower heat and cover with lid to let the mushroom flavour come out..
- Add chicken and cover with lid. keep on low heat and let cook until chicken is well done..
- Remove from stove and add the beans..
- To make the rice: in a pot, place your rice and water and bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover with lid. Allow it to cook for 20 minutes..
- In a separate pan, cook the onion, garlic and chilli in 100ml of chicken stock. use low heat to soften the onion..
- Add the tomato paste, the spices and the remaining chicken stock..
- Once the rice is fully cooked, add it to the pan and combine well. let it all cook together for 5 mins..
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and chilli. serve with lime wedge and tortillas..
This One Pot Mexican Chicken Rice is a flavour explosion made in one pot! Crispy skinned chicken and Mexican flavoured rice – fast and easy to Stir to coat the rice grains with the onion mixture and oil. Add the chicken stock, tomato puree/passata, corn, beans and remaining Mexican Spice Mix. This Mexican Chicken and Rice features tender, juicy marinated chicken thighs and authentic Mexican rice cooked all in one pot! Is there anything better than making dinner all in one pot?