Orecchiette Pasta with Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts. Add the brussels sprouts, sauerkraut and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Cut the ends off of the Brussels sprouts and slice into ribbons.
Keep the garlic in the skin so that it will roast, and not burn. Drizzle the Brussels sprouts and garlic with olive oil. Orecchiette is an easy one pot pasta dish that you can get on the table fast! You can have Orecchiette Pasta with Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orecchiette Pasta with Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- It’s of Orecchiette (or any variety) dried pasta.
- Prepare 8 of brussel sprouts, washed trimmed and thinly sliced.
- You need 2/3 of garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need of Good pinch coarse sea salt.
- You need 25 grams of butter.
- You need of Parmesan cheese, freshly grated.
- It’s of Black pepper, freshly ground.
Bacon, brussel sprouts, and orecchiette pasta are tossed in a quick creamy sauce to create delicious dish. It's a quick-and-easy pasta recipe that can easily be served as a meal. For a heartier dish, top with a diced oven baked chicken breast and a side of garlic bread. See great recipes for Orecchiette Pasta with Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts too!
Orecchiette Pasta with Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts step by step
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions for 2 people..
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a shallow pan over a medium heat. Add the sliced brussel sprouts, sliced garlic and sea salt. Slowly stir fry until the butter foams, caramelizes and turns to a golden brown color. As soon as it starts to smell nutty, it is ready..
- Drain the pasta, retaining a little of the cooking juices and tip into the pan with the sprouts. Take off the heat, grate in a good handful of Parmesan and mix well..
- Finish with a generous grind of black pepper and serve with some additional Parmesan on the side. Enjoy!.
- Note: this is just as tasty with any pasta you may have in the pantry. See serving suggestion below with angel hair pasta..
Be sure to stir the shallots and garlic frequently so the garlic doesn't burn. Toss with pasta, pine nuts, and Brussels sprouts; season. Top with lemon zest and pistachios. Return the onions and sausage to the skillet and keep warm over low heat. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid.