Falafel dough pizza. Our Healthy Pizza Crusts are always made with freshly sprouted whole grains. Angelic Bakehouse is free of milk, eggs, fish, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, & sesame. A red-lentil dough is topped with a yogurt-tahini sauce, cheese, parsley, and olives in this fun vegetarian pizza inspired by falafel.
Sprinkle with oregano and lemon juice. In a medium bowl, mix together the hummus, flour and olive oil and form a crust with the dough. Spread the dough out on top of a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You can cook Falafel dough pizza using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Falafel dough pizza
- It’s 1 cup of red lentils soaked in water for 2 hours then filtrated (could be replaced with hummus or Egyptian beans).
- Prepare 1 of medium size onion.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s Half of a bunch of parsley.
- You need Half of a bunch of coriander.
- You need 1/4 (1 cup) of chopped green onions.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 (1 cup) of oil.
- It’s of Salt as preferred 2 spoons oil for painting butter paper.
- It’s 1/4 (1 spoon) of chili powder 1/4 (1 spoon) black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 (1 spoon) of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/4 (1 spoon) of coriander seeds powder.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 spoon) of baking powder.
- It’s of Sauce ingredients……..1 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 3 spoons of Tahini.
- Prepare 4 spoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Salt as preferred.
- You need cubes of Topping ingredients………..1 tomato chopped in.
- It’s 1/4 (1 spoon) of sliced black and green olives.
- You need 3 spoons of minced parsley.
- You need 2 spoons of minced green onions.
While the crust is baking, make the sun dried tomato hummus. Layer with mozzarella cheese, splotches of ricotta cheese and crumple and sprinkle the falafel balls in an even layer around. When the falafel crust is dry to the touch, remove from oven. Layer the beetroot hummus with sliced vegetables in the pizza crust.
Falafel dough pizza instructions
- Mix red lentils, onion, garlic, parsley, coriander and green onions altogether using a food processor until turning into a fine mix..
- Pour the mix in a bowl, add egg, salt, black pepper, chili, coriander seeds powder, cumin and baking powder along with 1/3 a cup of oil and mix all ingredients..
- Pad the pizza tray with butter paper and paint it with a little oil..
- Put the falafel dough in the tray, insert into a hot oven until cooked..
- Prepare pizza sauce by mixing tahini with some water and adding yogurt, lemon juice and salt, mix ingredients well then leave aside..
- Bring the falafel dough out of the oven, add grated cheddar, sauce, olives, tomato cubes, parsley and green onions with some more cheddar and a final spray of parsley and green onions then proceed to oven for a few minutes then served.
This magical crust that is literally just one GIANT falafel that bakes up sturdy enough to pile high with all of our favorite falafel condiments and eat with our hands. So gather up your ingredients and pull out your food processor. Things are about to get falafel-y. We basically use all of the normal falafel recipe suspects. Pizza made with a crispy falafel crust, sweet red onions and lots of Mediterranean flavors.