Kung Pao Chicken. Kung Pao Chicken is a highly addictive stir-fried chicken with the perfect combination of salty, sweet and spicy flavour! Make Kung Pao Chicken better than Chinese take out right at home! Kung Pao Chicken (宫保鸡丁) in Chinese is a stir-fried dish with chicken cubes, dried chili pepper and deep-fried peanuts.
Kung pao chicken exists both in the traditional Chinese repertoire and Americanized takeout menus alike. When we lived in Beijing, I was actually surprised to see how popular Kung Pao Chicken was. Kung Pao Chicken is from the Sichuan province in China. You can have Kung Pao Chicken using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kung Pao Chicken
- You need 2 of chicken breast.
- It’s Half of bell pepper.
- It’s 2 stalks of spring onion.
- Prepare 4 pcs of small shallots cut into halves.
- You need Half of cup cashew nuts.
- It’s 1 tsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s A few of drops black soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Just a little five spices powder.
The Chinese name is 宫保鸡丁 (gong bao ji ding) but some restaurants spell it as Gong Bao Chicken or Kung Po Chicken. Kung pao chicken with bell peppers, onions, lean white meat, and a spicy sauce that rivals authentic Chinese takeout! I'm confidant this Kung Pao Chicken recipe will be the best Chinese food you've ever made from home! Stir-fried chicken, peanuts, and green onion in a delicious salty, sweet.
Kung Pao Chicken step by step
- Cut chicken into cubes. Marinate with soy sauce, five spices powder, flour.
- Heat pot add oil then drop in chicken until golden brown, put on the side of the pot. Saute shallots then bell pepper. Then mix them with the chicken. Cook a little bit then add all the sauce. Remove.
Kung pao chicken has a lot going for it. The Chinese takeout favorite boasts tender chicken, crisp veggies, crunchy roasted peanuts, and a spicy, savory sauce coating each and every bite. Kung Pao chicken, a classic Chinese takeout dish of stir-fried chicken, peanuts, and vegetables, is easy to make at home. Kung Pao chicken 宫保鸡丁 is a Chinese dish that love by everyone. The Chinese like its spiciness and numbness feeling on the tongue.