Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken. Best baked cod recipe out there! Prepared Greek style with a few spices and a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil and lots of garlic. A handful of Mediterranean spices, plus a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic, give it glorious flavors!
I showed my daughters how to bake chicken with garlic roasted potatoes. We finished with our homemade baklava. Mix spice blend ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. You can cook Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken
- Prepare 6-8 of chicken drumsticks or thighs (bone in, skin on).
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoons of dry oregano.
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, cut into wedges.
- It’s of Zest and juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon cut into slices.
- You need 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Mediterranean Baked Chicken Dinner – this is a midweek chicken dinner idea that's one of those "throw it all in a pan" recipes with high returns for minimal effort. Massage the chicken Like don't be shy with it just make sure that it's. Fully coated with all the good spices and the lemon and the garlic and the olive oil move about everything just to make sure everything is evenly distributed and. Lemon-and-Garlic Baked Chicken Thighs. © Todd Porter & Diane Cu.
Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken instructions
- Pat chicken dry and season with kosher salt, be sure to season under the skin too. If you have the time, arrange the chicken on a tray or a shallow dish and chill in the fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight (optional.).
- Place chicken in a large zip bag. In a small bowl, combine spices (oregano, black pepper, coriander, paprika, and cumin.) Add spices to the chicken in the bag..
- Add garlic, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Zip the bag shut. Toss chicken around and massage to make sure it is well coated in the marinade. Let chicken marinade for about 30 minutes, or if you have the time, refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag over halfway through..
- When ready, heat oven to 450 degrees F..
- Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange the chicken drumsticks and onion wedges. Pour over the marinade. Arrange lemon slices in between..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and its juices run clear (internal temperature of chicken should register 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer). If you like, broil for just a few minutes until skins are crispy to your liking..
- Serving suggestion – with herbed couscous mixed with peas, chopped carrots and sultanas..
I put the chicken on a cooling rack on the baking pan so it wouldn't sit in the juice/fat as it cooked and I let it bake skin side up. Mediterranean chicken is a delicious recipe for weeknight dinners. This Mediterranean sheet pan chicken and potatoes is ready in thirty minutes. Lemon: Fresh lemon gives so much flavor to these chicken breasts. Garlic: Don't skip the garlic, the more the merrier!