Greek Apricot Jam Tart (Pasta Flora).
You can have Greek Apricot Jam Tart (Pasta Flora) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Apricot Jam Tart (Pasta Flora)
- Prepare 3 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 250 grams of Apricot Jam.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 250 grams of Butter at room temperature.
- It’s 1 of Egg and 1 extra Egg White.
- Prepare 1 shot of Cognac.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon zest.
Greek Apricot Jam Tart (Pasta Flora) step by step
- In a large bow add flour and sugar combine dry ingredients..
- Add in the baking powder, egg, butter and lemon zest..
- Continue by adding the shot of Cognac..
- Mix all the ingredients by hand until it becomes a fluffy dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour..
- Once the dough has cooled, separate about 100 grams of the dough to make the dough stripes that will be layered. Roll out the rest of the dough and place it into the tart pan so this becomes a tart shell..
- We usually make our own Jam but since Apricots are not in season, we found ready made apricot jam in the super market today. You can use any fruit jam you enjoy eating. Spread jam nicely in shell..
- Roll out the remaining dough into flat stripes, or you can make ropes by rolling the small pieces of dough with your hands. (These should be approximately about 1/2 finger’s width) Start layering strips on top of the jam. With the extra egg white brush lightly over stripes to get that golden brown color. 🙂 Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees and bake for 1 hour. Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.