Air fried Coconut shrimp. Have been trying to use my air fryer more, and this recipe's a keeper. The shrimp had nice presentation, were crispy with a very tender bite, and I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe. Place shrimp in batter and coat well.
The perfect blend of salty and a bit sweet, this simple dish will be your new favorite way to serve up fried shrimp. Repeat with remaining shrimp and salt. Air-Fried Coconut Shrimp are the second-most crispy, using less oil than deep frying. You can cook Air fried Coconut shrimp using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Air fried Coconut shrimp
- You need 2 pounds of raw shrimp.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of coconut flakes.
- You need 2 cups of Panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of orange marmalade.
- You need 1/2 cup of Thai sweet chili sauce.
Conventional Baked Coconut Shrimp won't be quite as crunchy or evenly golden as deep-fried or air-fried shrimp. They tend to be the most golden in the areas where the shrimp touch the baking pan. This coconut air fried shrimp has now been added to our favorites. It may seem weird cooking shrimp in an air fryer since shrimp is so delicate and can overcook, but I found that my shrimp cooked perfectly in my Air Fryer.
Air fried Coconut shrimp step by step
- Put Shrimp in egg wash, add all other ingredients to a Ziploc bag. Place shrimp in bag and shake to cover with the mix..
- Preheat air fryer when you’re ready to air fry spray one side of the shrimp with a nonstick spray put that side of the shrimp down in the air fryer and then spray the other side of the shrimp..
- No cooking times given as each air fryer is different. I think I cooked this on 400.
- For the sauce, mix together orange marmalade and Thai sweet chili sauce..
I like the crispy coconut coating on these shrimp and it is a restaurant quality appetizer. Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe: Start by tossing the uncooked shrimp in a mixture of flour, lime zest and salt. Dip the dredged shrimp in lightly beaten eggs. Coat each shrimp in a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and shredded coconut, then place in your air fryer basket in a single layer. Grilled coconut shrimp – Grilling instead of frying; And air fryer coconut shrimp – My favorite method because you get the same results as frying without the addition of oil!