Coconut loaf. Coconut Loaf Mary Ann Dudek suggests a cup of tea when enjoying a slice of this cake-like bread. "It does well at bake sales and is a wonderful gift-particularly for coconut lovers," says the Cleveland, Ohio baker. Lastly, top the coconut loaf and glaze with shredded coconut. Tips for Making a Loaf Cake.
Use a ceramic loaf pan for even baking. So here's the recipe for my Moist Coconut Pound Loaf Cake, and please enjoy! Please note cook times will vary if you are not using a regular loaf pan. You can have Coconut loaf using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut loaf
- You need 3/4 cup of softened butter.
- You need 4 tbsp of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 6 tbsp of shredded coconut.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shredded coconut for sprinkling.
Gradually add the sugar, beating all the while. The tropical blend of bananas and coconut distinguish this sweet bread that also incorporates walnuts, almond flavoring and maraschino cherries. It lends itself to other variations just as well: Try pineapple or lemon zest instead of cherries. Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Coconut loaf step by step
- Whisk the butter and sugar together on low speed using a hand mixer. Beat two eggs in the mix, one at a time..
- Put all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, shredded coconut and salt together..
- Pour the egg, butter and sugar mix in the dry ingredients and mix..
- Preheat the oven at 325°F. Spray the pan with cooking spray and pour the batter in the loaf pan and leave it in the oven for one hour. Check with the toothpick, if it comes out clean to check if the cake is done..
- For topping, pour the coconut milk evenly on top with a help of a brush or spoon, sprinkle the shredded coconut all over..
Stir in the sugar, coconut, eggs and milk and mix to a soft dropping consistency. In a large bowl, with an electric hand whisk, beat the butter and. I'm so excited to share this coconut bread with you today! There is just something about a quick bread. They're like, maximum impact with minimal effort.