Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps. Combine chicken broth, brown sugar, salt, tomato paste, crushed red pepper, black pepper and coconut milk in a large saucepan and stir with a whisk. Stir in squash and bell peppers. Add coconut milk, squash, tomatoes, and garlic in a medium sauce pan.
Then add malunggay leaves, simmer for a minute. Savor this Thai-inspired soup, with a base of creamy coconut milk, rich butternut squash, a hint of spicy peppers and succulent shrimp (these can be omitted for a vegan version of the soup). For a shortcut, look for peeled and cubed butternut squash in the produce department. You can have Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps
- Prepare 1/2 of kilo shrimps (whole).
- It’s 1 cups of coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped squash.
- You need 4 cloves of diced garlic.
- It’s 1 of thumb of julienned ginger.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Neutral cooking oil.
- You need of Garlic Salt (optional).
- You need of Turmeric powder (optional).
Serve over rice or noodles if you like. A filipino food sauteed in shrimp paste together with veggies like squash, beans and eggplant. Adding shrimps for extra taste and combined with coonut milk or cream. Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps instructions.
Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps step by step
- Put a pan on medium heat and add neutral cooking oil. When the oil is hot but not too hot, add the garlic and the ginger and stir for a minute or so. Add the shrimps and lightly saute..
- Once the shrimps start to turn pink in colour, add the coconut milk and squash and bring the pan to low heat. Cover the pan and allow it to reach a slow simmer..
- Once simmering, test the squash’s doneness. When the squash is soft enough to mash, take a fork and mash the pieces in the pan as the dish continues to simmer. After mashing, give it a good mix. Add salt and pepper to taste (you can use garlic salt instead of regular salt for this)..
- If you want a bit more colour, add a pinch of turmeric, and serve! Enjoy! ☺️.
Put a pan on medium heat and add neutral cooking oil. When the oil is hot but not too hot, add the garlic and the ginger and stir for a minute or so. Add the shrimps and lightly saute. Once the shrimps start to turn pink in colour, add the coconut milk and squash and bring the pan to low heat. Coconut basil shrimp spaghetti squash recipe.